Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 03:57:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help? new here  (Read 375 times)
gresmunkie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 19, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »

hi everyone. heres my story. I suspect my ex may be uBPD. 18 month relationship. the beginning- first 6 months together couldn't have been more perfect. she moved in after 6 months. 6 weeks after moving in was valentines day. I had the flu and while lying on the bathroom floor sick she kicked me in anger because she went through my phone and saw a female friend of mine had wished me happy v-day. after that fighting began frequently, I was accused of cheating almost daily and along with each fight so did a theme of her leaving and not coming home for days at a time (and not knowing where she was going). after a few months of this I began to threaten to end r/s if she couldn't talk things through. then the physical abuse started. raging, pushing, hitting she even kicked in the bathroom door one day when I locked myself in there. after telling her I couldn't do it anymore she cried, begged, pleaded, had panic attacks etc. she convinced me that this was all caused by her birth control so for a few days we discussed alt options. then 1 day a fight started over my employee texting me. she demanded to see my phone so I asked for hers. well she left. for 2 days. then called me to meet to talk so I agree to meet her at a restaurant. she asked if I think we will work I said no. she threw something at me and got up and walked out. it was a pregnancy test. she was pregnant. the next month was hell. she wouldn't even sleep in the same bed as me. wouldn't talk to me. devalued me. I wasn't allowed to doc appts. she terminated the pregnancy after a few weeks and blamed me (even though I did want to keep it). 2 weeks later she moved out. we were off and on for about a month after that but I knew something wasn't right. NYE she called me crying because I spent it with my family and not her. so I went to her apt next day. she said she never wants to see me again and she has a date that night. so I go out on a couple dates the next few weeks. well somehow she called me or texted me at the exact times I was out with other girls. couple weeks I don't contact and she reengages me she says she made a mistake and wants to come home and is still in love with me. after hanging out for a couple weeks she asks me to stay over at her apt but when I get there she says she cant do it anymore I don't make her feel better and that she never said she wanted to move back home and I should leave. so I told her if I left I wasn't coming back this time and to stop contacting me because she kept hurting me. her response was "Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) goodbye"

her fam is a mess. drugs, alcoholics, parents cheated, father was in jail etc. she told me she cut herself when she was young. moved away from fam when she was 14.  I told her at one point I thought she was bipolar. her response was that I was autistic and had multiple personality disorder

red flags all over the place but I loved her. more stories and incidents that could fill a novel.

I found out after the final break, from friends, that soon after the v-day incident she had began a smear campaign telling people  that i was physically and emotionally abusive to her!

I went NC after the final break and was completely confused, feeling depressed, hurt, devastated and looking for answers. then I found this site a few weeks ago. I believe now that she has BPD. this site has helped me stay NC and understand things a lot better.

it has been 2 months now since ive gone NC and havnt heard from her. the longest NC previously was about 3 weeks. the big problem is I still love her. im worried about what may happen now and what to do if I hear from her again. knowing about the disorder leaves me torn. she has said goodbye so many times and seduced me back more times than I can count.

ive read SWOES and "i hate u don't leave me" and begin T this wknd.

wondering what anyones thoughts are on all of this.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »

Hi gresmunkie,

Hello and welcome  Smiling (click to insert in post)

You love her and have been through a lot with her, and have a bond that is probably hard to explain to people who know what you've been through with her. People here understand what that's like. It can feel very confusing. Afraid on one hand and love on the other hand.

Can you say more about what you mean: "I'm worried about what may happen now and what to do if I hear from her again."

Breathe.
gresmunkie

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »

thank you for the response,

worried may be the wrong word. i'm less confused I guess after finding this site however i find some days are easy where some days are hard to cope with the aftermath, although i will say the last month has been much better. it seems they often make contact again and even though it seems crazy to want to try to work things out with her, i believe knowing what i know now about BPD i would like to try. its nice to be able to see stories/advice from people who actually know this is not like ending a 'normal' relationship, having friends and family tell you 'shes a psyco' and 'just get over it and move on' doesn't quite help.

i guess im not sure how to accept yet that she may not contact again but also (like im sure everyone else here is) am 'worried' about being sucked back in just to be hurt again.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »

Are you worried about the physical abuse? It might help to focus on that behavior first, hers and yours, so you have a plan if it happens again.

There are skills to help things from getting worse, and skills for taking care of yourself if they do get worse.

Do you think you could talk to her about what you will do if things get out of hand? With someone who suffers from BPD, she rockets into emotion mind very easily, and it can take a while to return to baseline. When she is in a tender cycle, how do you two communicate?

Breathe.
Herodias

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »

I can understand your concern, but I would caution you that worrying and wondering while in no contact is not a relationship. It is not a two partnered, mature, healthy relationship. If I knew then, what I know now, I would tell my younger self to run and don't look back. I went back and stayed for 8 more years... .let me tell you, it is a difficult path to take. Very very painful as well. Do you really want to go through this again? You think you know all you can to "help" her, but in reality, she needs to get the help and until she does, there is nothing anyone can do to make things better for her. She needs to do it. It's like an alcoholic or drug addict. Just your talking with them in a different way won't stop them from being how they are. I had an older man in a alanon meeting tell me that I needed to run... .it doesn't get any easier.  So, I am going to do that for you. You have been through allot in a short time. Run- and get yourself healthy before you do any of this again.
gresmunkie

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »

Hey guys

I understand what you are saying and I get the general consensus here is that it basically won't work without them admitting to needing help and actually going through with seeking it. And as for communication when we were together it was All over the place. In the beginning I. Was more patient and tried to calm her down. But towards the end the accusations and belitting became so bad I would just leave, then feel Guilty and go back to her after a day or 2. however keep in mind I didn't know about BPD until after the final break.
Herodias

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »

Hey guys

I understand what you are saying and I get the general consensus here is that it basically won't work without them admitting to needing help and actually going through with seeking it. And as for communication when we were together it was All over the place. In the beginning I. Was more patient and tried to calm her down. But towards the end the accusations and belitting became so bad I would just leave, then feel Guilty and go back to her after a day or 2. however keep in mind I didn't know about BPD until after the final break.

Exactly, but now you do... .it doesn't necessarily help you handle them different. It just helps you know it's not you. Learn how to get out of "the fog" which is your guilt... .This will either encourage her to get help or move on. It is heartbreaking, I know. But your problem now is maintaining yourself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest