Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 18, 2024, 11:25:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Let's go"  (Read 403 times)
Moselle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

Every day is a gift. Live it fully

« on: August 03, 2016, 09:41:53 AM »

Not sure if any of you have seen the movie "Lone Survivor". Marcus Luttrell, a navy seal with multiple fractures to his pelvis and back faced death in Afghanistan. He reached out above his head, drew a line in the sand and crawled until his feet touched the line. Then did it again. He did this for 7 miles.

What courage. His words to himself "Let's go"

Does anyone else ever feel like running away from the nightmare? I do.

- BPD/NPD ex spouse
- My Co dependency.
- Children and their issues
- My FOO and their nonsense/abuse
- Dysfunctional relationships
- Boundaries

3 years ago I was blissfully unaware of any of this. Is it weak to want to just dissappear to another country and start again? 

I'm just feeling a bit weak. Recovery can be a long, sometimes tedious route.

"Let's go"

JerryRG

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »

Hello Moselle

I heard someone say "life's a b___, then you die"

Life is all we get, like it or not. My biggest problem is not accepting things just as they are, so the natural inclination is to change them. I am starting to accept life on life's terms, in reality I really have no choice about many things, but I do on so many others, especially my beliefs, my morals, my values. Without these I'm just someone's puppet as I was when with my BPD ex.

Life is what we make of it, attitude determines our joy, acceptance gives us freedom and peace.

Without a struggle we would all still long to be safe in our mothers wombs, but then look at all we would miss.

Hope you feel better, I've run most of my life, I cannot run from my responsibilities to my children, or myself any longer.
chillamom

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »

Thanks, Moselle,

This made me cry, made me feel weak for being unable to be strong, and also empowered me all at once... .I think being with my exBPDbf for 8 years has made me capable of feeling every shade of emotion simultaneously (guess I am used to emotional chaos).  Anyway, I want to thank you as an Ambassador for sharing that you still struggle with the same things that the majority of us on here are struggling with. I thought for a long while that Ambassadors were somehow those wise and serene individuals who had risen completely above their former circumstances and were now presiding in a Jedi-like way over the rest of us poor struggling souls... .it is really wonderful to know that not only are all you all wise and experienced, you STILL grapple with the aftermath of your former entanglements at times. 

"Let's go" indeed.
GoingBack2OC

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »

I think this is very natural. I am honestly in the process of getting the heck out of here. Well, I want to move back to where I grew up.

But yea, I don't really like where I live any more. I'm ready for new scenery, new faces, a different climate--- less reminders that trigger emotional responses I would likely get past far faster if I was in a new exiting place.

They say, it is easier for the one who is leaving, than the one who is left behind.

Perhaps you need to leave, and in that journey you'll find it easier to heal.
Moselle

Relationship status: Divorced

Every day is a gift. Live it fully

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:05:32 PM »

Quote from: JerryRG link=topic=297424.msg12790617#msg12790617

Life is what we make of it, attitude determines our joy, acceptance gives us freedom and peace.

So true Jerry. Thank you for the encouragement. Attitude is something I'm working on. I'm trying to be grateful for all I have.

Hadn't thought about the importance of acceptance for peace.

Anyway, I want to thank you as an Ambassador for sharing that you still struggle with the same things that the majority of us on here are struggling with.

I'm glad I could clarify this for you chillamom Smiling (click to insert in post)

Yes we are all in the same boat here and we all still struggle with things.

One thing I do differently now is allow myself to be vulnerable and reach out. Its amazing how we can strengthen each other. So thank you for your post - it has given me strength

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest