Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 09:12:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heartpain  (Read 369 times)
mariposa.a
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: July 18, 2016, 04:51:36 AM »

I'm trying desperately recover after years of being made to feel shameful for simply loving.
After finally standing up for myself and walking away, he seems to be retaliating by public displays of affection with a new relationship. Taking her to sacred places I thought were ours where I would be. It's difficult to believe people can actually be so mean. He seems clueless to the pain this is causing. Completely happy, involved, and unaware of me.
My heart physically hearts and I know the damage this can cause. I've read all that I can these past five years trying to survive the push and pull, silent treatment and disrespect, but nothing is helping me to retrieve my soul and move on. I'm praying for a miracle click in for me to let go of all of this for once and for all. I can barely function. My mind won't let go of the images of his kindness to someone when he's not nice to me. Please help if you can. Thank you.
Lilyroze

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:17:46 AM »

Mariposa,

I am glad you found the board and I read your story.

Excerpt
After finally standing up for myself and walking away, he seems to be retaliating by public displays of affection with a new relationship

That must have been hard for you to do, though I am glad you did it. I see from your post how much you are hurting. I am sorry you are going through that.   I have been there and fully understand.

When you ask about the physical pain. I am in Holistic health and here I am going to a Cardiologist. I have been having chest pains. So I can relate to what you are feeling mentally and physically.

Kipling Williams, a Professor of Psychology at Purdue University who has studied ostracism for twenty years, explains, ‘Excluding and ignoring people, such as giving them the cold shoulder or silent treatment, are used to punish or manipulate, and people may not realise the emotional or physical harm that is being done.’

The ability to detect ostracism is hardwired in us – it doesn’t matter if you’re being ignored by a group or a person you can’t stand, the pain still registers.

Some BPD's use it as a defense, many NPD use it full well knowing it will hurt and to be cruel. It is very sad to me.

As adults there is no reason to give someone the silent treatment especially if they reach out with an apology ( if a non and not wrong, take on their shoulders or just want to be kind). NC is a different animal, it is where two people are adult enough to say hey I am moving on, want to move on, or need time to think, am hurt etc so NC for awhile. VS the deadly silent treatment.

Paul Schrodt, has some findings from his in-depth analysis revealed that the silent treatment is ‘tremendously’ damaging to a relationship. It decreases relationship satisfaction for both partners, diminishes feelings of intimacy, and reduces the capacity to communicate in a way that’s healthy and meaningful.

Good thing is now you saw what he was doing. How do you feel about him and your relationship now?

Is there some things you can do now to feel a little better, small steps, some joy?

Take some time to go for a walk maybe a new book? Do you exercise or do yoga?
Find some goals or things you can be grateful for and take your power back. The hurt and silent treatment can only work if you hand over your power.

Do you have a support group of friends or family that can help you through this time? How about a T?

Either way take your attention away from him now, and focus on you. Your healing, your goals, your joy no matter what that is.

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that many here care. There are some great articles, tools on the sidebar and book recommendations that can help you whilst on your healing journey. Keep us updated.

mariposa.a
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:23:02 AM »

Thank you Lizyroze 
Im headed out of town to spend sometime at a spiritual center I go to.
I haven't slept and I feel living here now is like shark waters. I never know where he'll be.
Even though he suffers from BPD he was quiet and I think tried to do the right thing ... .for Him.
Its so hard to imagine him not knowing the pain he causes me. But I guess that is the disease.
I will look up the things you told me and write more if I can while away or when I return.
Thank you from the bottom of my brokenheart.
When anyone is kind it feels like a warm blanket and soothing balm.

Mariposa,

I am glad you found the board and I read your story.

Excerpt
After finally standing up for myself and walking away, he seems to be retaliating by public displays of affection with a new relationship

That must have been hard for you to do, though I am glad you did it. I see from your post how much you are hurting. I am sorry you are going through that.   I have been there and fully understand.

When you ask about the physical pain. I am in Holistic health and here I am going to a Cardiologist. I have been having chest pains. So I can relate to what you are feeling mentally and physically.

Kipling Williams, a Professor of Psychology at Purdue University who has studied ostracism for twenty years, explains, ‘Excluding and ignoring people, such as giving them the cold shoulder or silent treatment, are used to punish or manipulate, and people may not realise the emotional or physical harm that is being done.’

The ability to detect ostracism is hardwired in us – it doesn’t matter if you’re being ignored by a group or a person you can’t stand, the pain still registers.

Some BPD's use it as a defense, many NPD use it full well knowing it will hurt and to be cruel. It is very sad to me.

As adults there is no reason to give someone the silent treatment especially if they reach out with an apology ( if a non and not wrong, take on their shoulders or just want to be kind). NC is a different animal, it is where two people are adult enough to say hey I am moving on, want to move on, or need time to think, am hurt etc so NC for awhile. VS the deadly silent treatment.

Paul Schrodt, has some findings from his in-depth analysis revealed that the silent treatment is ‘tremendously’ damaging to a relationship. It decreases relationship satisfaction for both partners, diminishes feelings of intimacy, and reduces the capacity to communicate in a way that’s healthy and meaningful.

Good thing is now you saw what he was doing. How do you feel about him and your relationship now?

Is there some things you can do now to feel a little better, small steps, some joy?

Take some time to go for a walk maybe a new book? Do you exercise or do yoga?
Find some goals or things you can be grateful for and take your power back. The hurt and silent treatment can only work if you hand over your power.

Do you have a support group of friends or family that can help you through this time? How about a T?

Either way take your attention away from him now, and focus on you. Your healing, your goals, your joy no matter what that is.

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that many here care. There are some great articles, tools on the sidebar and book recommendations that can help you whilst on your healing journey. Keep us updated.

Lilyroze

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »

Yes please post again and keep in touch, I do care.

I wonder if unknowingly we will be at same spiritual center. Have one I go to not far from me, haven't been in so long and going there for retreat.

The one I love is on other side of country where I use to live, but have many friends that are like family. Have been planning to go back there for a visit and will be going to that retreat as well.

That is awesome you have a spiritual center to go to  . Focus on you, breathe through this, center and ground. You are unique and important. It will be wonderful for you to be able to concentrate on you, your connection to your higher power , your goals and not on the one who has brought you pain. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest