Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:22:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: here we go again...he moved out again  (Read 378 times)
blackorchid

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 19, 2016, 01:26:45 AM »

Hi,

a bit of background: me and my uBPDp have been together for 12 yrs with many a turmoil.  have been ok with no changes for a while now i have learnt the techniques and what to do when he starts raging.

i live in turkey but am english, on friday i was flying back into turkey after being back home. i landed in south turkey just 20mins after the coup had began. I was scared at the airport, my turkish phone is broke so couldnt call anyone. had no idea what was happening in my city re the coup and when i went outside there were no taxis due to the curfew. i had to wait around 35 mins for one to come. the driver was a perve and hitting on me the whole time. so my mood was brilliant when i walked into the house, mainly scared.

i rang the bell he came out and we were ok for all of 30 seconds. i came into the apartment my dog was all over me so i was giving her some love. his cousin was here i said a quick hello and that i need to call my family so they know i got home ok. i changed the news channel to english to see what was happening. that was trigger number 1. why are you changing the channnel? just for a min i said so i know whats happening. i spoke to my family and went to get changed. when i was in the hallway he shouted at me "are you not going to say hello" i said i did he said no someone else is here too. i said wait im just getting changed
that made him flip
when i came back into the living room he was shouting and going crazy that i was rude and disrespectful and hadnt acknowledged the guest (Guests are very important in turkish culture)
i said i didnt know he was here he was on the balcony when i arrived.

he went into full rage and they started getting ready on his command to leave the house. I started shouting are you crazy theres a curfew outside. i just got back to the house you havent seen me in 1 month and youre leaving. i know my reactions were bad but this was an extraordinary night as i landed into a coup

he left and returned a few hours later. when he came back he continued arguing and hit me. i called the police. i didnt press charges as they were saying i would be charged too and i dont trust turkish police.
the next day he came and wanted all his belongings and shared belongings. i refused.  i just gave him his personal belongings

when he has done this before he takes everything that we bought together eg tv and leaves me with nothing

this time i stuck to the boundary of not letting him in and just putting his things outside

now i am recieving hateful messages from his family saying if  i dont hand things over they  will call the police

as per standard i have been blocked across all social mediums and he has also blocked both my phone numbers

i am feeling lost and confused. i just landed into hell
i think that calling the police made his reaction worse.

he has a rage like this around the same week of july every year

thoughts please
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Meili

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »

Normally, I'm all for people who want their r/s to work, trying to make it work. But, once physical violence is involved, that is a game changer. No one should ever hit someone that they claim to love IMHO.

What is it that you want to do about the r/s at this point?
blackorchid

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:11:09 AM »

hi Meili the sane part of me agrees with that, but then the other part of me doesn't.

im questioning everything i did that night and desperately want to talk to him. but cant as  I am blocked everywhere... .
zonnebloem

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 04:58:24 AM »

Hello,

Do you have family you can return to?
I have walked out a relationship where I got hit very often and where love was non-existant.

I was very Lucky to be able to leave before I had to have his kids!

I didn't have family to return to, I went on holiday (abroad) and could I care less about a TV when I had to save my skin! I like to travel light!
Saying that, I was able to work in Israƫl in a Kibbutz but I don't think nowadays this is possible.
Meili

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »

I truly get the conflict between the head and the heart. It is a horrible battle that we fight with ourselves.

Perhaps this period of NC can be turned into a good thing? Maybe you can use it as a period rest and to recharge?

Examining your actions from that night is fine as long as you aren't beating yourself up over them. You can't change what you did; if you did anything wrong.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest