Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 03:14:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's always a "drama" now  (Read 382 times)
Dontknow88

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »

Everything is exaggerated, I mean everything.
All conversations end with him having a fit and or breakdown form simple topics or talking about custody arrangements. ( I mean I understand the stress talking about custody but I can't even have a civil convo with him without him literally having a breakdown and hanging up the phone or dramidically walking out so we can never have a proper conversation about an important matter"

And when I do his reply is to basically wait years till he's better to talk about custody cause he claims he will win, but not to do it now.

This is madness. I'm sorry for the ranting I've been doing laitl but I don't have anyone to talk to about this that kind off understands all I get is "he's insane!".

I fear for our child's safety and I guess I'll be burning bridges cus I plan to take action soon for our sons safety.

I just need someone that understands can relate or has an eye for solutions
LilMe

Relationship status: Together 10 years; now living apart since April 2016

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:52:01 AM »

I do not believe I have read your story, so please disregard anything that doesn't apply!

I know how frustrating this is!     I am in a horrible court battle over my children right now.  Our final court date is Sept. 19 and I am terrified!  I seem to have a great case, but you just never know.

You do realize that you do not have to talk to him or participate in the drama, right?  He will say all kinds of crazy things (like saying he will get custody) just to make you doubt yourself.  Put restrictions on your contact with him.  Email or text only is the best way, then you have a record of everything.  And definitely keep a detailed journal of his interactions with you and especially with your son.  Document EVERYTHING - dates and times of all interactions, what was said, who was present, how they reacted, etc.  Try to backdate your journal and remember everything that has happened.  If the children are experiencing drama, conflict, and/or abuse, get them into counseling ASAP.

I also wouldn't be talking about him to anyone except trusted friends, family, and your lawyer.  If possible, do drop offs and pick ups of your son at daycare or school to limit your interaction with him.  Or maybe a close relative or family friend would do drop off and pick ups for you?  It is not good for any of you, especially your son, to continue the conflict and drama.

I know this all really sucks and is extremely painful, but children don't ask to be born or to be in these stressful situations.  You are the only one who can protect them.  Keep working hard for your son!  You will make it to a better place!
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:15:05 AM »

Along the lines of what LilMe wrote, it could be that it's mostly bluster from him.  He probably thinks that if he rattles your cage then you'll be intimidated, weaken your newfound boundaries and retreat.

Dontknow88

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »

I do not believe I have read your story, so please disregard anything that doesn't apply!

I know how frustrating this is!     I am in a horrible court battle over my children right now.  Our final court date is Sept. 19 and I am terrified!  I seem to have a great case, but you just never know.

You do realize that you do not have to talk to him or participate in the drama, right?  He will say all kinds of crazy things (like saying he will get custody) just to make you doubt yourself.  Put restrictions on your contact with him.  Email or text only is the best way, then you have a record of everything.  And definitely keep a detailed journal of his interactions with you and especially with your son.  Document EVERYTHING - dates and times of all interactions, what was said, who was present, how they reacted, etc.  Try to backdate your journal and remember everything that has happened.  If the children are experiencing drama, conflict, and/or abuse, get them into counseling ASAP.

I also wouldn't be talking about him to anyone except trusted friends, family, and your lawyer.  If possible, do drop offs and pick ups of your son at daycare or school to limit your interaction with him.  Or maybe a close relative or family friend would do drop off and pick ups for you?  It is not good for any of you, especially your son, to continue the conflict and drama.

I know this all really sucks and is extremely painful, but children don't ask to be born or to be in these stressful situations.  You are the only one who can protect them.  Keep working hard for your son!  You will make it to a better place!

Thank you so much for your advice! I wish you the best and please keep me updated! I'll be praying for you
Dontknow88

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »

Along the lines of what LilMe wrote, it could be that it's mostly bluster from him.  He probably thinks that if he rattles your cage then you'll be intimidated, weaken your newfound boundaries and retreat.

Thank you for the insight, it's been a crazy past couple of months
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest