Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:35:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosted after being together 8 months  (Read 447 times)
stevepower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Engaged

« on: March 02, 2022, 10:30:36 PM »

My BPD partner has ghosted me. We've been together for 8 months and he ghosted me once after I found out he cheated on me which lasted for 5 days this past Oct. Everything was great after that. Went on a vacation and all was well.. We had a minor argument on the 20th of Feb, after his abusive ex made a fake instagram accnt and messafed him. he came and got his stuff from my place on the 21st and I haven't seen or heard from him since. He deleted me on snap, and isn't responding to texts or calls. Have I been painted black permanently? Should I expect to hear from him again? I went NC on Sunday and decided to stop chasing after him.

Any advice or previous experiences appreciated.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »

As you’ve probably heard, NC is far more effective than chasing. Time will tell. In the meantime, focus on doing things you enjoy and spending time with friends.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
stevepower

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »

So an update, but not really.
It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since our argument. Still haven't heard a word from him, he's gone complete radio silent.
I really thought I would have heard from him by now. A couple of days ago he blocked me on instagram which was weird because I never communicated with him on it.
I find myself in complete despair. I've lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks from the stress and lack of eating. I've tried to read up on BPD as much as I can but I just find it confusing me more.
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 03:58:00 PM »

It is confusing and people with BPD don’t think, feel, or behave the way emotionally healthy people do.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
So many questions

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 06:10:12 PM »

I’m sorry for what you’re going through and how it feels. There really isn’t much I can say besides be strong and know something out there is working in your favor. You might not be able to see it. Heck, I still can’t. But I do know everything I’ve been through is for a much bigger purpose. I don’t think I’m suppose to know right now. I think I had to go through this to break my cycle of toxic lovers and codependency.

I’m in radio silence. My ex has found a replacement. I was a replacement. It’s a blessing in disguise. I am forced to look forward and stop holding onto hope.

The thing that keeps me focused. They did cheat on us. Mine during the honeymoon phase, 6 months in(with ex), 9 months in(with ex).

If someone really loved you, and knew you were not okay with infidelity, they simply wouldn’t do it. If they messed up, they would apologize and realize how hard it is to find out. They’d be there to reassure you cause their own choices broke you.

That never happens. Do you really want to hear back from someone who did that or is it an ego/codependency?

It’s so hard to let go. They were amazing. You clicked with them genuinely. But they are broken. They mirrored your love. YOUR LOVE. You truly loved someone and gave your life to them; that is admirable and something to be proud of.

I hope he never contacts you again for your own well being.
stevepower

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 09:23:25 AM »

Update: I reached out to his Grandma this morning to let her know I have some of his stuff still. My partner, I guess ex now, hasn't apparently mentioned a word of the break up to his family which isn't at all surprising since he knows I'm on good terms with them. His Grandma is going to swing by in a week to pick up the rest of his belongings. I'm still as lost as the day he left and none of it makes sense to me. Thankfully I have a therapy session later today.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest