Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 03:37:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow I never thought she would reach out  (Read 575 times)
SoMadSoSad

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 22, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »

Check the fb today and saw that she sent a message request back on the 16th that said Hey *******. I thought she would never reach out as she has burned the bridge. Her facebook pic is still of her and the replacement kissing. I am in shock. Never in a million years did I think she would actually reach out.
Jeff26

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »

Did she reach out just to say hi?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »

Well she sent the hi on the 16th and im just now seeing it today so im not sure what she wanted.
Kelli Cornett
^

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »

Read it and than don't reply Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Ronald E Cornett, Kelli Cornet, Kelley Lyne Freeman,

kellicornett@hotmail.com, kelfreemanfreeman@aol.com, kelleyfree@yahoo.com
hurting300

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »

Check the fb today and saw that she sent a message request back on the 16th that said Hey *******. I thought she would never reach out as she has burned the bridge. Her facebook pic is still of her and the replacement kissing. I am in shock. Never in a million years did I think she would actually reach out.
How long were you No Contact with her?

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 08:44:17 PM »

About 8 months
rfriesen

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »

I am in shock. Never in a million years did I think she would actually reach out.

Hi SMSS. It sounds like a bolt from the blue. She's reached out contrary to all your expectations. What, if anything, do you want from this unexpected turn of events? A simple "hi" leaves you guessing at her motivations and what she wants. It sounds like an invitation for you to pursue those riddles. Quite possibly she would like to see how attached you still are, how badly you want to know why she would reach out, how far you might go to solve the great riddle that she is!

Many of us have played that game and it often ends badly. Is that what this seems like to you? Do you care to find out? If so, what still draws you to her, or at least to wanting to know what's in her mind/heart?
Rayban

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »

Her Facebook profile picture is with another dude.  Do you want to deal with her being with someone else? She's not your problem anymore.  Stay away, don't respond, and be grateful for having gotten away from her.
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »

I responded with a hey whats up but i doubt shw will answer. Im sure she just messaged me when she was having a rough patch with the replacement. I dont expect anything will happen from this interaction and i dont plan on engaging in a recycle. I just found it shocking that she would reach out after burning the bridge and for a long time i had doubt she was actually BPD but this is just more proof.
rfriesen

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 10:09:13 PM »

I responded with a hey whats up but i doubt shw will answer. Im sure she just messaged me when she was having a rough patch with the replacement. I dont expect anything will happen from this interaction and i dont plan on engaging in a recycle. I just found it shocking that she would reach out after burning the bridge and for a long time i had doubt she was actually BPD but this is just more proof.

SMSS, given what you say above, what are you hoping to achieve by responding to her message? Also, if she burned the bridge so badly that you find it shocking she would reach out, why are you suggesting to her that you're not shocked and that the bridge wasn't burned so badly? (What other message is she likely to take from the fact that you responded in such a normal/casual tone? Doesn't that signal to her that the bridge wasn't burned and that you'll respond when she reaches out?)

I don't mean these questions in an accusatory way, since everyone here can understand and relate to what you're feeling. I simply offer them for reflection.
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 11:03:01 AM »

Well it would be cool to be friends with her again now that im not affected by her behavior. We just chatted a bit today and she apologized and wanted to let me know im not a bad person. I apologized also and we caught up a bit and now i ended the convo. Was good that she gave me closure.
Circle

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »

Cool. Now, it's up to you. You have gone through almost a year of hard work, detaching. Can you make a decisive thought? If you end up having sex again, even accidentally, that year of hard work will have been in vain. Is it possible for you to decide ahead of time where you stand on the physical/holding/kissing issue before it ever happens?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure she wont reach out anymore my tone was pretty casual and indifferent so I didn't give a hint of attachment. Besides she still with the replacement and they still seem to be openly expressing love for one another.
rfriesen

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure she wont reach out anymore my tone was pretty casual and indifferent so I didn't give a hint of attachment. Besides she still with the replacement and they still seem to be openly expressing love for one another.

Here you have your analysis of what you think she wants and your expectations of how she'll act. Do you know what you want? Are you waiting to see what she does before deciding?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »

I got what i want which is closure and thats it. She hasnt contacted me again so she got the closure she needed also.
Circle

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »

Right, we hear you. She didn't contact you for almost a year though. Who is to say she will not reach out to you again? Do you have any idea how you will react if she gets in touch once more, in the not-too-distant future?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 08:18:07 AM »

I would react the same, casual and indifferent. She definitely didn't seem interested in a recycle or anything. It was actually a normal conversation as if she didn't have BPD.
C.Stein

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »

Perhaps all she needed from you was to know you don't hate her. 
Circle

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »

It's great that you've worked so hard to reach a place of casual indifference.
Good work!
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »

Perhaps all she needed from you was to know you don't hate her. 

Yea thats what it seems like and i was glad to lift some of the guilt and shame from her plate. She acknowledged that she made poor choices while she was undergoing a lot of stress at the time and said she is working on bettering herself which is good to hear. I had to force myself to not bring up BPD because i know she cant really better herself unless she attacks the root of the problem but i guess thats for her and her boyfriend to find out.
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 11:51:51 AM »

It's great that you've worked so hard to reach a place of casual indifference.
Good work!

Thanks circle. I guess all it really took was time to process everything and reading these boards over and over really helped with lifting the fog and healing. I hope the same for all of us here.
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »

Welp feeling a little set back and down today. I'm back to wondering how she is still with the replacement. And now that she is acknowledging her behavior is she treating him different. *sigh*
joeramabeme

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: In process of divorcing

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 09:58:58 AM »

Welp feeling a little set back and down today. I'm back to wondering how she is still with the replacement. And now that she is acknowledging her behavior is she treating him different. *sigh*
Hey SMSS - your response of sadness seems appropriate.  We go through so much effort to detach and move on and for many of us, that includes leaving pieces of permanently unresolved feelings behind. 

Of course wondering what someone else has that we did not is a big question.  Yet, in a strange way, if our exes are personality disordered and we cannot fill their needs (and no one can), isn't that as much a statement of our well being versus feeling rejection?

Of course this understanding is no substitute for the love lost, but, I would also not jump to any conclusions that the new guy is somehow better than you or better off with her.  This is just the present person in her life - subject to change at any moment.

How long were you with your ex?
SoMadSoSad

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »

Hey SMSS - your response of sadness seems appropriate.  We go through so much effort to detach and move on and for many of us, that includes leaving pieces of permanently unresolved feelings behind. 

Of course wondering what someone else has that we did not is a big question.  Yet, in a strange way, if our exes are personality disordered and we cannot fill their needs (and no one can), isn't that as much a statement of our well being versus feeling rejection?

Of course this understanding is no substitute for the love lost, but, I would also not jump to any conclusions that the new guy is somehow better than you or better off with her.  This is just the present person in her life - subject to change at any moment.

How long were you with your ex?

For about 9 months. Live together and worked together for about 6 months.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest