Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 08:26:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Utter confusion  (Read 338 times)
Pamy
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »

I recently was left again by my girlfriend of 5 years. She was diagnosed with BPD almost 20 years ago and has never stayed in therapy long enough to get to the root of the issue. She goes for a few sessions and then quits and blames the therapist. Everything just seems so foreign to me I see things that never actually happened and am starting to believe them and question my own reality. Which is so strange to me because I have always seen things pretty clearly. I want to help her so much and love her more and more. I can see what she puts herself through and it hurts so bad to watch her self destruct. I try to understand what she must feel and the sad thing is I am starting to almost feel what she does. Never ever been so in love and so confused at the same time.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

C.Stein

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 08:37:31 AM »

Never ever been so in love and so confused at the same time.

Hey Pamy,

Yes, I sure do understand that feeling.  I also was very confused, both during and after my relationship ended.  I couldn't understand why my ex did things that were destructive to herself and our relationship.  She wanted our relationship to progress towards marriage and a family, yet she seemed hell bent on making sure that never happened.  It still confuses me to this day even though I can understand now how BPD played a roll in the destructive behavior.

It is important you don't make her problems and dysfunction your own.  Try to remain a detached observer, don't internalize her chaos or you run the risk of getting lost in it.

Please feel free to share more of your story and I encourage you to check out the articles found on the right -----> 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest