Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:04:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xw keeps looking for money  (Read 461 times)
bus boy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 06, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »

Xw keeps asking me for Septembers money for s10. I left a money order at her lawyers office, I have the receipt, I even called the bank and they said the money order was cashed in September by my Xw. Xw keeps insisting she didn't get the money. I even text her on the day I dropped the order at her L's office and of course I got an ignorant reply. I have the receipt, I have the text telling her and I have her ignorant reply. I feel I did everything I could to get the money to her. Should I be responsible for this money a second time?
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 09:23:02 AM »

No.

Make a copy of the doc showing the money order was cashed, send it to her lawyer, and have her lawyer communicate.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
bus boy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »

Yes, thank you. My L said since I dropped the order at xw's Lawyers office and since I contacted Xw to let her know the money order was at her lawyers and she refused to pick it up, it is now an issue between Xw and her L not me. I re contacted the bank this afternoon and 100% for sure it was cashed.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »

Still? Didn't you have an earlier thread on this? 

(To her, not you)

I'd bifF this:

The money order was dropped off at your lawyer's office.  The bank shows that the money order was cashed.  The custody order defines the obligations of child support, and for the month of September, these obligations were met in accordance with the court order

I assume this is the only month she's being weird about?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
bus boy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:31:52 AM »

Hi Turkish, I did post this before. The only time I ever had money issues with Xw is when I drop it off at her L's office. I dropped a years worth of cheques at Xw lawyers office and she didn't pick them up. I caught in my bank statement 3 months later. My balance didn't seem right, I looked into it deeper and no cheques were cashed. Xw said nothing, usually when I'm late with money I get an ignorant text. I over paid $150.00 a month for 3 years and not one good word. I can go to the court and get a credit for $150 a month for 3 years but I won't do that. I asked Xw why she didn't cash the cheques, she said she knew nothing about them, I called her L and he said she refused to pick the cheques up. I went to the bank and got a money order for 3 months back time, she refused to pick that one up, sent someone to pick it up, than text me a rude text telling me I was $100 short. She refuses to pick up the money at her L's office.
david

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »

Is there an order that says you have to drop[ the checks off at her attorneys ?

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 07:55:31 PM »

One possibility, I wonder if she owes her lawyer money and would have to pay on her bill to get the check(s)? No, that's not it, you said they were cashed so she did get them.

Or she could just be the typical entitled BPD, either (1) wanting you to run around in circles when she makes such claims or (2) she's trying to pound you with enough demands hoping you cave and gift her extra payments.

Over on the Family Law board member jenbren2006 reported a similar behavior with a claim coverage wasn't made when it was, forcing a court appearance and significant travel expense.

bus boy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »

Hi foreverdad, xw is full of entitlement, she refuses to pick money up at her L's office bc it's beneath her and she doesn't want me dropping it there but in this situation it was the fastest way to get her the money. I did find the money but she made sure her response was belittling instead of thankful. She refused to pick the money up and tried to twist it back on me but I didn't own it and let it go, left it in her lap.
trappeddad

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

can you recommend making electronic payments into her bank account?   that way this is recorded and nobody can really argue those transactions.   however there is usually a small fee with this transaction.     if you simply recommend it, then you are doing what you can to expedite this bs issue
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest