Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: addicted to looking at her social media  (Read 369 times)
patrick1991

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 16, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »

I literally can't help myself and i'm absolutely kicking myself tonight. I was doing well and have been a whole week of no contact, but something just came over me to go on her instagram and like a few pictures. I'm so disappointed in myself! I don't know how to break the cycle. Well i do block her on instagram, but i don't feel ready to do that yet because i'm secretly waiting for her to post a picture of the next sucker she's hooked. Can anybody recommend a good surgeon to remove my thumbs haha?
jhkbuzz

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »

I literally can't help myself and i'm absolutely kicking myself tonight. I was doing well and have been a whole week of no contact, but something just came over me to go on her instagram and like a few pictures. I'm so disappointed in myself! I don't know how to break the cycle. Well i do block her on instagram, but i don't feel ready to do that yet because i'm secretly waiting for her to post a picture of the next sucker she's hooked. Can anybody recommend a good surgeon to remove my thumbs haha?

Don't kick yourself; looking is likely part of the grieving process. I know it was for me.

Can you explained why you looked? What were you thinking/feeling right before you looked?
patrick1991

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »

Hi jhkbuzz, I just felt impulsed to see how she was doing and i guessed if i'm honest i missed her a bit. I just don't have the strength to block her yet. 1 week felt a real accomplishment for me with NC and now i feel right back to square one again now she has my validation and knows i'm still looking at her.
FallenOne
Formerly Matt.S

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »

This needs to be treated like any other addiction. What would you do if you were addicted to a drug that you needed to get away from to save yourself?
SuperJew82

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 11:22:42 PM »

Oh man I can relate so much to that. I know my ex is moving on. She had guys on the side at all times. I miss the dream honeymoon phases that lasted a few months and some of the high parts of the abuse cycle... .but the stressful times were much more prevalent and only going to get worse.

Just set the tornado free and every time you think of the good, take a second and remember the reality of the situation. You should feel sorry for the next victims - but it shouldn't be your concern. You made a big step with NC. Keep up the momentum. It gets better. You made the right choice.

Go hang out with some friends, push yourself to do some of the things you liked to do before. Talk about your stuff here more.
SuperJew82

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »

BTW, I did the same thing you did buddy. So a year later, I'm now over my 1 month mark. I know I still have a ways to go. This site has really helped me... .so has this book:

Please buy this thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Caretaking-Borderline-Narcissist-Drama/dp/1442238321/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484630745&sr=8-1&keywords=borderline+narcissistic
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest