Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 06:43:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do pwBPD return after they leave?  (Read 690 times)
throwaway42

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 19, 2017, 02:41:10 PM »

Based on your experiences with those who are BPD, did they return to you even though they initiated the breakup? I miss my ex a lot and would hope that there was a chance for reconciliation. I was not rude or nasty after the breakup but she did block me on Facebook and untagged/removed pics of me but kept all of the pictures of her other exes up there. She always did say that despite her having been engaged and almost married to one she never quite felt as close to the others as she did with me, and that "This feels so much different... ." Perhaps the love was stronger with me even though it was a short period of time? The breakup was sudden and there was no buildup. One day she was talking about kids and an apartment, and literally the next she said that she was mentally checked out and wanted nothing to do with me... .
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

AliasBristow

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:00:34 AM »

Hi there!

I can relate to so much of what you have said. After my break up (which she initiated) she deleted all the photos of me off her Facebook. Even though she had photos of all her exes on there when we first met. She always told me she had never loved anyone like she loves me. She was constantly saying how much she wanted to be married to me, for us to have kids. I proposed just over a year ago and she seemed so happy. Lately she had gotten a little distant but I just put it down to her usual mood swings. And then one night, after a fight which she caused (and I didn't argue back to), she broke up with me. I tried everything to get her back. I have been so nice to her,  even took the blame of things I probably shouldn't have. But nothing worked. It has almost been a month and she hasn't changed her mind yet... .It is terrifying but I guess things are very slightly getting easier. I have used this forum quite a bit to get advice, or just read through what others have said and that has helped in a big way! Everyone on here is very supportive. Please know you are not alone in this!
Dusi2591

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:48 AM »

My Ex did much of the same and blocked me. From what I can tell I was the first person she had done this too as well. From my experience don't be surprised to see someone new pop up. The Break up happened early December and she was officially with a new guy a week later. It's been 20 days so far of No Contact that she initiated. Who knows if she'll even speak to me again let alone try a relationship again. The same goes for your ex. The experience's are the same the people are not.
reignmann151

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

Yes I have just had it happen to me. Its been 4 days and shes already with a new guy. I was told that she needed to be alone and I found that out. I was torn apart. I don't think she will ever be back.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest