Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 10:55:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I fight the verbaige of the agreement for vacation  (Read 366 times)
forestfortrees

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 06, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »

Hello all -

Two questions.

Q1.
D8 is going to have a week of spring break with me. I let her uBPD mom know with less time (but reasonable time) than our agreement requires, for a short vacation within 6 hours in an adjacent state. It got vetoed tonight via email. I am certain that she's given me same amount of notice and D8 went. Reservations are refundable. Is it worth trying to get an exception to the order? How should I respond in email?

I don't want to do play a power game when it comes to her turn to ask, but may be forced.

Q2. I have received an email with false allegations a few weeks ago, which I refuted calmly in detail in the reply. Is it worth talking to an attorney now rather than when the next allegation comes?

Thanks F4T

soundofmusicgirl

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:28:17 AM »

The rule with a BPD is: never, never ever ask for exceptions Smiling (click to insert in post) Because they will shamelessly use it against you and then ask for exceptions all the time.

I would keep it as documentation next time you go to court to show that BPD is unwilling to cooperate.

Ask for no exceptions and give no exceptions. Clear boundaries.
forestfortrees

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »

soundofmusicgirl - thanks for the insight. I figured that's the way to go. 
ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »

How is it that we give exceptions but never get any?  Most of us are Nice Guys or Nice Gals and we pride ourselves on being fair.  But our ex-spouses don't reciprocate our fairness and also guilt us claiming we're horrible to the kids if their demands aren't met.  So we have to be very careful not to be manipulated or pressured to be self-sabotaging 'toot' fair.

Expect that when you do end up going back to court is likely to split hairs in favor of the order as worded.  However, you can ask for it to be changed prospectively, going forward.  My Ex took our kindergarten child on a spring break vacation (the week after spring break) with just a vague statement a month before, no details other than a verbal "spring break" comment.  No written notice as the Final Decree order required.  I filed Contempt of Court.  My lawyer said it was a clear slam dunk.  However, the magistrate ruled she was: "technically" unable to comply.  Unable?  Hey, there was no effort to comply!  The court's reasoning was that the ended temp order not complied with was no longer in effect and the new order (which reduced the advance notice required from Feb 15 to 30 days) had not been effect for the full 30 days notice period.  To say the court bent over backwards to avoid consequences for her is an understatement.

So as many fathers here have experienced, parenting is an uphill struggle.  Not every time, but often cases start this way:
- Why shouldn't mothers get deferential treatment?
- Why should     fathers   get  equitable   treatment?

Oh, and expect that when you're back in court she will make many emotional claims - not facts - of how horrible you are.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest