Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help I am trying to leave my borderline narcissistic boyfriend  (Read 371 times)
Wildpony
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: February 20, 2017, 07:33:45 AM »

I lost my son 8 1/2 yrs ago to a drug overdose. 2 yrs later my mother who was very controlling died Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post) my "mommy" issues were never resolved.

I met my boyfriend in a spiritual book store. I really wanted the drum he was looking at but put back. I started a conversation about the drum. I then found out that he was a Shaman I have had a spiritual teacher previously a woman & thought a man would be a balance between yin Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post) yang. I gave him my phone # and he called within a week. He seduced me and I let him after 3 sessions.
     I am also married. My relationship with my husband was dying after my son died. He was unavailable to my son emotionally. My son was 20. He was never told by my husband that he was loved. In his defense he was a doer & helped considerably with my sons care. However 2 months before my sons death my son pointed at my husband and said "he doesn't like me" My husband said NOTHING. I said "of course he not only likes you he loves you." My husband said NOTHING. That was Alot of my feelings diedfor my husband.We just forgot to have a funeral.
     I was ripe for this situation. I should have known better. I am a counselor in private practice and know a borderline when I experience one. I should have ran but he sucked me in. It felt like love. All the attention I was lacking from a marriage that was all action but no talk. I jumped into a relationship that was the opposite. All talk & no action. I now realize my husband & him are the opposite sides of the same coin.
     I should have left when he seduced my friend of 17 yrs. it had been only 4 months when he had a "healing" for my friend. He then gave her about 4 "massages". She eventually confessed to the seduction. I left her instead of him. No I don't believe it either. He is soo seductive. Unfortunately he is the best in bed ever. This man is truly gifted. This is seductive and unfortunate for me who was never sexually satisfied by my husband.
     Fast forward to 4 1/2 years later. I am now 12,000 in debt as he rarely helped me with the trips we took. The meals we ate. Or the things we bought. Now I also have an HPV virus from his exploits.  A gift from him.
     He meets the criteria of "12 traights of an abuser." 11 out of 12. He never physically abused me. He went through 4 phones worth of woman. I sat that because when I would catch him on various dating cites he would smash his phones.  Each time he professed his love & would return to this behavior. I'd forgive him. He said they met nothing to him he was just bored. He never had any intentions of meeting them. I think he never stopped. I caught him 3 days ago again on match & spiritual connections. What is strengthening my resolve to try to stay away is that he would monitor my phone calls my texts. He would accuse me of being interested in my clients  He was even jealous of my cousin who is a lesbian. He would insinuate I was one also. He would yell in the background calling her names. He would be jealous of my friends also. He would watch me leave in my car Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post) if I took too long to leave he would accuse me of talking to other men in the building.
     He is also very dependent because he has no credit therefore no car. I bring him to the ER always due to his COPD & chronic asthma. He has back problems to. He changes Drs like people change THIER clothes. He changes things also computers, tvs, phones, etc while I am along for this crazy ride. Except I drive the car. Prius to be exact. At least it gets good mileage.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »

Hi Wildpony,

Welcome

I'd like to welcome you to bpdfamily, I'm sorry to hear about your son . I completely understand how we can find ourselves in situations that are toxic because our guard is down because of life events, it happens to many of us. This platform is place for everyone to share their thoughts and feelings without being invalidate, it's a safe place.

I'm glad that you have found us, many of our members can relate with you and offer you guidance and support, you're not alone. Do you live with your boyfriend? Are you still married?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »

Welcome

I would like to join Mutt in welcoming you to the family as well as offering condolences for your loss.  That must be a hard thing to experience.

I can assure you that you have found a safe and understanding place.  It is so refreshing for me to post about things in my life and have others "get" it.  Most importantly, other members can help point me to healthier responses.

What are you doing for self care?  Has your self care routine changed in the past couple years?

FF

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest