Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 04:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: can't help but think that i am the crazy one  (Read 366 times)
roberto516

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 01, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »

Right now I feel like I am the crazy one. I read all these posts about the ex trying desperately to reach out to recycle. And she did do that before. But the last 2 fights I was the one who ended up begging to be taken back. And the past month I was the one begging, and making all these promises.

She's probably going to her therapist and saying "yeah he's probably trying to manipulate and guilt you back." Which in ways I am.

This thought just entered my head though and I didn't want to react on it in anyway before sharing it.

I mean she's doing all these fun things for herself, and if an outside observer was watching they'd think I"m nuts. But I guess it's not understandable if not in this situation. Where they promise and show you so much love only to become self-centered over time and just cut you out. I don't know. Just rambling.

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

self awareness is a great catalyst for change.

youre aware of these things. youre confronting them. all things you can learn from.

im not sure it helps to view yourself or your ex as "the crazy one". these were messy, immature relationships. we all did things we arent proud of during and after the relationship, as did our exes. we dont want to minimize our contributions - it doesnt help to beat ourselves up either.

youre hurting, and reacting to the pain, trying different methods of reversing it. some of them are compounding it, and the feelings of rejection.

what will help? healthy self soothing methods. sitting with your feelings, overwhelming as they may be. giving yourself permission to grieve. knowing that no matter how great the pain is, it will pass. the mindfulness tool i shared with you yesterday is a great way to achieve this.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest