Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:44:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandiosity  (Read 392 times)
insideoutside

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: March 31, 2017, 06:16:06 AM »

Hi guys

So I've now not had any contact with my friend for nearly 3 weeks and notice that his Facebook was taken down shortly after we fell out; then put back up one day before my birthday, then taken down the day after my birthday and put up again yesterday.  This behaviour indicates to me something is going on with him; not sure if its mania as I know he is bipolar.

Anyway, I notice on his Facebook 'about me' yesterday it said he was a philanthropic, concupiscent and a cosmopolite of aristocracy.  Well I nearly fell off my chair.  Philanthropic?  He certainly does not promote the welfare of others or is generous or anything like a the other meanings and as for being a cosmopolite, he lives in one bedroom in a shared house.  

To be honest this has massively turned me off him.   I know Bipolar sufferers suffer from grandiosity but can this also by BPD at play?

Anybody else had their SO or friend display grandiosity?
jambley

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:39 AM »

I found that very amusing. In the context of my ex gf waif/queen 'Aires and graces' were transparent to say the least. Coupled with her truly disgusting behaviour, very laughable. If it isn't genuine, keep the receipt.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »

Hi izzybusy,

I don't think grandiosity is a characteristic of BPD, and my first thought is that this is just the nature of how some people use social networks, isn't it? Showing an "ideal self" to others, for various reasons.

I can understand your feeling turned off by that. In your shoes, I think I'd feel the same.

Do you find looking at his FB page helpful?

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
insideoutside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 05:35:41 AM »

Hi izzybusy,

I don't think grandiosity is a characteristic of BPD, and my first thought is that this is just the nature of how some people use social networks, isn't it? Showing an "ideal self" to others, for various reasons.

I can understand your feeling turned off by that. In your shoes, I think I'd feel the same.

Do you find looking at his FB page helpful?

heartandwhole

Hi h&w

I think grandiosity is his bipolar side coming out and I totally get you saying it's the nature of some people to appear greater than they are.  The way he worded it though was to portray himself as somebody of wealth, of high standing and an empath which is far removed from the truth.  I also feel it's very narcissistic and it did put me off him reading what he typed; he is blatantly lying I guess in order to attract more supply?

Normally his Facebook has nothing on it and I check to see if his profile is active or not so I know he's alive iyswim? I know we are both not in each other's lives at the moment and may never be again but I still care for him as a human being and it reassures me he is ok when his profile is active.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest