Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 08:44:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: school is asking for a meeting with T from hell  (Read 390 times)
soundofmusicgirl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« on: March 15, 2017, 07:31:11 AM »

We got an email from SS`s special ed teacher saying that ss behavior has escalated in school. He is on an IEP.
The problems they describe are "paranoia" for lack of a better word. They say he feels threatened and bullied by everyone.
Another issue is that they are currently discussing state history and part of that is hunting and fishing. SS has been taught at home that fish are not food and it has escalated. He does eat meat and totally does not connect the dots between hunting and him eating meat. So he continually gets hung up on the fact that no animals and fish should be killed.

The special ed teacher is now asking my husband for his signature and permission to have a collaborative meeting with T from Hell.

DH is sending an email saying that he believes part of ss´s paranoia stems from being the "all bad child" at home (of course he uses different words to describe it). We are not sure wether we should agree to this meeting as T from hell is not only heavily biased towards my DH but also to this ss. She has marked him in a report as being a danger to others in school (which this special ed teacher has already said is not the truth). We are still fighting to get get T from hell to stop treating my SS´s and still believe that her treatment is not effective and helpful but rather harmful.
Now we are between a rock and a hard place as BPDxw has already agreed to have a collaborative meeting with T from Hell.

DreamGirl
Retired Staff

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »

Rock and a hard place indeed.

I'd allow it - only on the terms that you are allowed to be conferenced in (via phone or Skype or whatever).

We had a whole therapy session with my stepdaughter/mom/me/stepdaughter's therapist with my husband attending from a different state using FaceTime.

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me." ~Dave Matthews

bravhart1

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 11:00:30 AM »

I would explain to the teacher that this T has been diagnosing SS without input from her or you and DH and that she may not be ethically sound, and unhelpful.

If she still wants to meet with T then at least you have voiced your concerns about her methods and unprofessional bias towards mom.
soundofmusicgirl

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »

Thanks everyone. We did exactly that. We sent the special ed teacher a message saying that my DH gives permission to speak to T from hell but that he does not think she can help as she is very biased towards the child. He also said that if there is a meeting he will need to be part of that. BPDmom has usually requested seperate meetings. DH said that this will not be effective and everyone should sit together at the table for the well-being of ss. He also pointed out that T from hell is very biased towards him and me and has refused to communicate.

Special Ed teacher was very understanding. In fact she has called us and sent us emails twice since then sharing with us her approach and progress that she is making with ss. She said she has figured out a system that sets clear boundaries and expecations for ss and so far it is working. She says she may hold off on meeting with T from hell. Special ed teacher is compeltely on board with DH and has pointed out that she feels that ss behavior is learned.

DH and I have been reading the book: parenting a child that has intense emotions.
It is based on DBT skills. I have been re-reading it and it seems that the special ed teacher is practicing those skills to a t.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest