Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:48:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen out for 5 weeks  (Read 347 times)
Non for long
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 07, 2017, 01:04:37 AM »

Hi all, ive been married to someone i now realise is BP for 10 years. SO has always said sibling has it and bought stop walking on eggshells. I read that book a few years ago and suddenly so much of my life made sense. The slightest issue causes a blow up which lasts for days and i am blamed/criticised for bringing our relationship here. This time is unprecedented and its lasted weeks. I am trying not to rise to the cold shoulder but calmly point out how i understand he hurts however im not the enemy. If i do SO walks away. My number is blocked so i cannot contact either.  I am in a difficult point of my life having lost a parent and i need support, instead my home life is sad and lonely.  Any ideas on how to turn round this juggernaut for the short term and, long term?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

UserZer0

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 04:44:30 AM »

Unfortunately, I can't really add any advice for short term or long term resolution of the issue.

However, based on experiences with my BPD (non confirmed) wife I can only say that time really isn't on your side in cases like this.

Every day without contact is another day where he can justify his decision, reconfirm it and add to his list of reasons.  If he is discussing the situation with others it's highly likely that he is letting them know how he is right and you are wrong, etc.

Since he has blocked you from contact I can only suggest indirect methods of contact:
- pen and paper style communication (real letters)
- flower (or other type of gift) delivered with a note
to try to get him to open up again.

This will give you a chance to get your ideas down on paper and let him know that you are still thinking of him.

Good luck!
Non for long
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 06:36:31 AM »

Yeah my SO is also unconfirmed but so many things hold true that gives comfort and hope, but also the sad realisation that this wont go away. I've used email but no idea whether it gets read or resonates if it is read. I'll carry on with this approach and reinforce the message calmly.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest