Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:18:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: He broke up with me. Again.  (Read 350 times)
Bobbi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »

Hi
I read the article on beliefs that make it difficult to move on after a breakup. It all sounds very familiar. I appreciate especially the part where it is explained that my BPD partners experience of our break up and of our relationships is completely different than was mine. I have a long standing depression/anxiety diagnosis. I manage one day at a time. This breakup has dredged up a lot of old hurts from previous breakups and indeed from my own old issues... .childhood stuff. My depression has been particularly bad today. It doesn't help that I work as a nurse, have completed two backshifts this week(which really makes me feel way more emotional anyways). Fortunately I am off work today. Still I am feeling very alone. Learning about what is happening, learning about myself is helpful. Maybe this post will help too. I don't know. I am glad I found this site.  I thank anyone who has read my post... .there are alot of posts. Its overwhelming to  me right now the amount of pain expressed on this site... .it seems so much. And yet obviously the site is popular.
Take care.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

Hi Bobbi,

Welcome

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time. Depression is tough. Your post struck a chord with me because I have a long history with depression and anxiety too. I completely understand how it can be difficult to talk about your stuff when you're feeling a lot of pain, it helps to talk, we're here to listen, i'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Hang in there

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
allienoah

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:53 PM »

Bobbi-it hurts so much when this sort of thing happens over and over. The feelings can be overwhelming at times, especially when you are tired and stressed. One day at a time is all you can do. I find myself during breakups-yes I am allowing myself to be recycled over and over-to take it one hour at a time. That gives me confidence for the next hour. I too have anxiety/depression issues that I honestly believe were intensified by my r/s w bfwBPD and that is a hard pill to swallow.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest