Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 02:09:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Low  (Read 345 times)
bravhart1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« on: April 15, 2017, 01:50:29 AM »

BPDm who has not had custody or visitation ( or any contact) for 17 months and has requested a full blown trial to try to get the judge to change his mind about going along with three CE reports stating that mom needs intensive therapy prior to unsupervised visits has hit new all time low.

She has actually subpoenaed SD8 for the trial. For heavens sake this woman knows no shame.
She would actually put her tramatized 8 year old on the witness stand with her attorney asking questions, the same attorney that is going along with filing the subpoena.

We are of course going to fight it, and our L says there is NO way the courts will allow it. But I am just appalled and flabbergasted at the insensitivity of a mother who thinks that her eight year old should see her for the first time in almost two years in a court room under that kind of stress.     

Please let the judge see the depth of this mothers illness and continue to protect her from her.
flourdust

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:59:49 AM »

Yeah, that is amazingly self-centered and cruel. I'm glad your L is going to fight it.

ForeverDad
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated 2005 then divorced

You can't reason with the Voice of Unreason...

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:13:16 PM »

Courts are generally very reluctant to involve young children in the courtroom process.  Interviews with GALs, evaluators, CPS or children's services investigators, okay.  But testifying in court?  Yikes!  My court had a play room for children if they had to be brought but never let them in the hearing rooms.

I was in and out of court from when my son was 3 to nearly 12 years old.  Only in the last case did the magistrate agree to an in camera conversation with my son and the GAL.  (Though it was my ex who had requested it, I noticed that court staff conveniently, ahem, scheduled the session on my time.)  The court never revealed specifics from the interview.  Just a couple items, that son tried not to be in the middle favoring one parent over the other and he was more comfortable when discussing me and avoided eye contact when discussing his mother.

At 8 years old I would expect the court to have a court social worker or a counselor or similar professional submit a report, or the judge have a relatively private and informal encounter, rather than have the child give testimony.

Thunderstruck

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »

The judges we've seen have been very against having children testify in court (especially at 8 years old). That's way too stressful. Kids don't want to be placed in the middle. :/ What could she possibly say that would change the situation for BPDmom?

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
bravhart1

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »

We feel fairly certain that the judge will not allow it.

As far as what she hopes to gain? Geez who knows, could be anything.
She spent years programming this kid to say stuff about us. She may want to see how much stuck?

Based on her deposition questions she's fishing for anything she can contort into us being the problem
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest