Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 05:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here  (Read 358 times)
Broke down
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: May 24, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »

I've been struggling for years now with my wife thinking that I may go insane some days. Only recently things got so violent that I had to seek help with a counselor to here this new word "BPD". I'm in the middle of reading a book she suggested "walking on eggshells". I think this author has been living with me righting about my life. My wife has since stopped going to counseling. Not sure where to go from here. I'm new to this diagnosis. 
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

johndude49

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 03:00:47 AM »

Hi Broke Down,

So sorry to hear about your struggles with your wife.  Welcome to the club.  After describing my wife's behavior to my counselor about 5 years ago, he recommended I read "Walking on eggshells".  It nailed the problem and I am convinced that my wife has this condition--though she is completely unwilling to see a counselor to find out why she's having so many emotional struggles with me and many others.  I have since read it about 4 more times.  It helps me to read someone who understands what I'm going through.  I get the insane feelings.  I have had and still have them.  Through reading, counseling, and lots of prayer I've been able to live a normal life, have moments of peace, and even stay in the marriage--even though she still does crazy stuff we have some boundaries and she knows some things I won't put up with anymore--angry rages against me or hours of constant complaining about me and others--and when I tell her I'm going to leave the house or I'm not coming home until she promises not to go off again, she will "usually" honor my request to stop her behavior.  The book has guidelines to follow and they really help.

I'll tell you more about my situation if you want to know but for now I just wanted to encourage you that you've come to the right place that has many who are going through what you are going through and a place that has answers and ideas for how to cope and survive.  Best wishes to you.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »

Hi broke down,

Welcome

I'm sorry to hear that things have gotten so bad in your relationship. That is so difficult, and I can understand feeling that you are going insane sometimes. It can be very hard to see things clearly when we are deep in a situation. 

You mentioned that there is violence in your relationship and that you are going to counseling. I'm so glad you reached out for support and help. That is very important.

Could you tell us what is happening at home? What behaviors are the most difficult to handle? Have you contacted local resources (e.g., domestic violence helpline) for advice?

Keep posting and sharing. It really helps. We're here for you.

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest