Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 08:11:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think my husband has BPD  (Read 356 times)
CR
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 01, 2017, 10:06:05 AM »

My husband and I are currently separated.  We haven't been married very long and have both been married before.  He told me he loved me within two weeks of meeting and we had an extremely intense relationship discussing marriage immediately.  We were engaged at six months and married a year to the date of the day we met  
 We separated 3 months ago and it has been horrific. He has told me he loved me and wanted to work things out and within minutes turned around, blocked me on social media and on phone and email and told me it wasn't going to work.  Within a week he reaches out with some random question and open the lines of communication again saying we are going to work things out and then does it again   This is happened four times at least since mid February    Every time I am crushed and I'm seriously starting to believe he has borderline personality disorder or maybe PTSD    He's been a firefighter for 10 years and have certainly seen his share of Trauma.   His biological father died when he was an early teen but he never had a relationship with him anyway.   He never developed a relationship or bond with his stepdad. He doesn't abuse alcohol or drugs.  He isn't lazy and he is very helpful with things around the house like cooking, cleaning or meals   He does however tried to people please and often  promises things he can't follow through with     I don't know what to do and I can't stand this back-and-forth    I can't stand the I love use I can't live without you and minutes later him posting on Facebook that we're getting a divorce    Can anyone shed some light on this and how I should handle it    I am a better Christian now than I was in the past and I really would like to take divorce off the table, but I know that's out of my control    
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Meili

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:34:33 AM »

Welcome

I posted a link in your other thread about understanding the behaviors of your partner. I hope that it sheds some light on what you have been experiencing.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest