Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:37:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice  (Read 947 times)
Gumiho

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 23, 2017, 02:47:21 AM »

I figured I should move anything about my relationship to this forum as I think (or want to believe) I've been recycled^^ You can find my first post here.

Anyways I just had a rather confusing call (once again), one of those she flipped instantly from good to yelling in a matter of seconds.
I'm trying to trace back where I got thrown off, so here's our conversation (remarks in brackets);

me: (pickup) Hey~~
gf: hello.
me: have you slept well?
gf: ay I've slept well ^^
me: what are you up to?
gf: I just am (usually that means she's resting)
me: me too. just resting doing nothing
gf: ugh. I wanna rest
me: oic. thought you were resting~~ what's that sound in the background... .? you're in bus?
gf: how could you know?
me: I can hear well, you <couple name> ^^
gf: oh I'm dizzy again because of bus
me: told you to chew some gum if that happens (she's got some in ear problem, clogged eustachian tube or something)
gf: oh there's a small park at xyz (random subject change...  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post))
me: so where are you headed to?
gf: you don't need to know
me: uh okay, would it be bad if I knew?
gf: very bad
me: I don't understand... .what would be bad? (Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) trigger  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post))
gf: (yelling all of a sudden) I have stress now. Very stressed. Why do I have to tell you where I am going?
me: you don't have to of course. maybe I just have to worry, if you tell me it was bad if I knew...
gf: ah so annoying. stress.  I'm hanging up!
me: (puzzled) um don't hang up on me please...
*hang up*

- I took one or two minutes to reorder my thought train shes derailed, and ring back -
me: yo. I said don't hang up on me please.
gf: (still yelling) I can't be calm *hang up*

okay so I write her by messenger trying to use SET
me: I understand if you got stress when I ask what you are doing (S)
me: I also would have stress if I didn't want to tell (E)
me: I just wanted to say that we don't need to have secrets. (T) I'm sorry if that stressed you.
me: you know sometimes it's good to speak about it if you got stress ^^
me: if I can help you I always love to.
me: and please don't think you did anything wrong (in case she's loathing herself later) - I can tell you later, why I feel bad if you can't tell me (I'm putting up with everything as much as I can until her special/big event took place - which is also why she's so stressed out for the last 3 months)
me: okay
me: so I'm sorry

- 30 mins silence, then she's starting to lash out -

gf: I hate telling you what I'm doing. If I hate it, why should I tell you?
gf: I receive stress
gf: It doesn't matter if you know what I am doing
gf: If I want to tell you, I will tell you... but if I don't want to tell you I don't
gf: I'm tired of being stressed out and I have to tell you what I am doing? I very much hate it
gf: It makes me so much more feeling tired
gf: That means you want to bother me
gf: You want to help me?
me: ye... .
me: I'm sorry. Please don't worry.
gf: If you want to help me, don't ask me where I am! (although she always did/does/will ask me the very same)
me: yeah. no problem (re-S)
me: I understand you (re-validating / E)
gf: I'm getting stress because of you, with what are you helping me? (okay gf clearly wants to pick a fight)
gf: Even if it were not for you, I'm very tired so please don't bother me.
gf: If you don't want to help me, don't bother me either
gf: I'm getting a lot ot stress
me: So if I want to help you (to move on), I shouldn't talk to you, now. Is that right? ^^
me: I don't wanna bother you, you know yourself (she is who called in first place)
gf: No, if you wanna give me loads of stress, if you wanted to help me, you should not have asked
me: okay
gf: And you said you wanted to help me
gf: This wasn't just one or two times. Oh so boring!
gf: 2 years you repeated the same boring... .(rant rant rant)
gf: I can't believe you said you wanted to help me but say I hurt you if I don't want to tell you (twisting reality)
me: it's not a problem to me
gf: it is a problem!
gf: I got a lot of stress now (because of you)
me: if you don't want to tell me, don't tell me
gf: yes, now you write that
gf: a while ago you said something else
me: I can understand after 2 years (because she shows BPD traits)
gf: You have already given me stress
gf: No, you aren't my husband too (well, we're engaged)
me: I'm sorry
me: I shouldn't have done that (giving stress)
gf: yeah now you write that
gf: after I received the stress
gf: and I've been through this too much (indicating new split?)
me: I'm sorry <couple name>
gf: I don't believe you
gf: as long as I meet you, you keep telling the same and I get stress
gf: I've had enough of you
gf: even if you say "I'm sorry" (rage rage rage)
gf: this happened too many times
gf: if you can say "I see"... "I see" that means you can't talk to me... (twisting some more) this talk is also bothering me
gf: "I don't understand" is what you said, YOU
gf: that's what stresses me. this is for you, not for me
me: yes. that's something different
gf: you excuse it with being my bf (what the... ?)
me: I understand you, that you have a lot of stress
gf: yeah. you're just a boyfriend, nothing more (devaluing me)
gf: you can't change me
gf: and if you are my husband you have no authority to do that (change)
gf: I'm not saying this because of stress (twist twist)
gf: I have no obligation to tell you anything
gf: so don't try to detain me by saying you're my bf (did I?)
gf: boyfriend is just a friend
me: because I love you, I believe in you
gf: if you give me stress, that's not love
me: I didn't want to give you stress, you know that too. The contrary
gf: you already gave me!
gf: I see you can't know what I'm talking about
me: I sure do know, that you can believe me
me: I said I am not going to talk about it again
me: I also have feelings, you know (guess what insecurities I have to deal with if she tells me she wants to break up before splitting, what is she up to living in a 300km remote town which is bad for me to know?)
me: I can understand very well. sure do
me: and I said I'm sorry

After writing all down I can see it was me sort of JADEing about why she can't tell what is so "bad".
We had this kind of conversation so many times I sometime wish I could just run away... but then she would blame me later like "ah you don't want to hear" and splits even worse. Been there, tried that.
I have to avoid telling her about my feelings, even though she at any times feels entitled to do whenever she wants, I'm not.
Any advice is welcome.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Gumiho

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 03:38:05 AM »

In my experience, if gf snaps into her thing, no matter what I say, it won't reach her. If it reaches, it becomes modulated/twisted and reprogrammed to her own suit, which then is usually used for further gaslighting... .

So I really wonder how to shake her out of the "hate-pit" faster as I well was able to do when we still lived 10 minutes apart. What I noticed too and read in so many other stories, those episode worsen over time. Likewise in our example, both frequency and intensity. (I've started to think this connected to the closeness she feels, the more we go towards stage 2 of our relationship she shuts off and blocks with this kind of behavior. Trying to protect herself in a distorted way?). Even though we managed not to fight in about 3 weeks, it happened again because of one misstep.
Even though I wouldn't classify this as a fight per se. I'd explain it with her flipping back into idealization phase and feeling betrayed by my unhappiness about her statement (about what is so bad, even if that was most likely supposed to be one of her sarcastic jokes) thus flipping back to devaluation state?
That's so... oh hi FOG~! >.<
Zoaron

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »

Wow... .That whole conversation I'm so familiar with.  It seems to mirror everything I've been going through with my gf.  I feel for you man.   I am currently being given the silent treatment since yesterday morning and she told me that she wished she never met me.  But now I'm sitting here waiting for her to pull me back, and if it goes the same as other times, I should get a text message from her sometime tomorrow.  At least, I hope I'll get one.  I miss her so much.

Now that I've been learning more on BPD, my heart and mind are better prepared for what's to come and what to expect now.  It still hurts, but it makes it more bearable and gives my patience some strength to stay strong.  Be strong with me.
Gumiho

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:47:12 AM »

Zoaron ~ I feel ya
The issue well escalated. Despite me knowing how to react, I fell into the old pattern of trying to defend myself. It's so hard man >_<
Seemingly like you pull out your pinky toe for her, she wants the whole foot, and once you pull out your foot she wants the whole leg and so on... .
Zoaron bro, hang in there~ and be prepared for it to never change, unless "they" agree to something is wrong with em.

I'm so jealous of the people who got an insightful pwBPD. Mine isn't at all, instead she recently just blamed me for being mentally ill (misprojection). And to be honest idk how to deal with this anymore, she crossed my boundary and blocked me again... I walked 5 bus stations from home to find an unblocked telephone cell (yea we have a history of me trying to fix things while shes in lockup mode).
I'll post the rest of our convo later. -_-
Gumiho

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:58:00 AM »

Kay here is a followup~ (I'm being devalued again)

- messenger log -

me: ya~ busy?

- 30 mins later -

me: hello?

- 30 mins later - (I hate it if she deliberately ignores me, knowing she instantly replies to anyone else no matter how busy she is)

- messages read, albeit no reply -

me: if you're busy, try to let me know
me: if you don't want to talk, try to let me know (I am expected to mindread always, even if over phone line and 300km away)
me: just give me an answer.
gf: you're really... annoying me, I see
gf: you're really stressing me out
me: argh
me: I'm sorry ㅠㅠ
me: you could just say "busy" -  only 4 characters, and I would be fine
gf: this is a problem. a very very big problem (still tryin to pick a fight)
me: what is... .? (a problem)
gf: there's no use in talking to me. very (muchly so)
gf: you can't understand me
gf: too much; too much
me: I just wanted to confirm (usually 5~10 seconds call... we often do - still unblocked - though she hung up/didn't pick up)
me: what's "too much; too much?"
gf: *sends screenshot of recent conversation*
gf: "try to let me know"
gf: "just answer"
me: hey~~~
gf: again
gf: again... .always... .
gf: always
gf: ALWAYS!
me: you can't reply~ ^^
gf: STOP
gf: please
me: please don't fight (we've had too many of those args)
me: <couple name> (something like dummy)
gf: don't
gf: don't start even more (to fight)
gf: always, again and again.
gf: do I have to answer?
gf: why?
gf: don't write again

- 2 hours later -

me: (resigning) you don't have to reply (white flag)
me: when you stopped painting me black please reply
me: I beg you
gf: I see it's a mental illness, you still don't get it?
gf: you still go on?
gf: do you want to break up? (gas burns so well)
me: "you still don't get it", why would you assume that?
me: I already told you 6 hours ago
me: do you really have to paint me black? (trying to reason)
me: until when exactly do you have to paint me black? (obviously she still can't move on)
me: do you think you were right? (I snapped)
me: I said I am sorry. If you can't stop it don't contact me
me: don't paint me in black!
me: if you apologized for once, that would be great
me: I can't even ask my own girlfriend (without her going into volcano mode)
me: if you want to pick a fight, don't talk to me (it was her first calling me)
me: it's really this easy. we don't need to fight
me: if you think you need to attack me some more; go for it

- 5 minutes later -

me: your anger attacks are really from a different world
me: and I know exactly why
me: do you get it?
me: so stop it...

- 10 minutes later (I'm peed' obviously) -

me: "do you want to break up" (you said) what did you do during the last 3 months? (her last major split) - certainly I have to tell you?
me: you really made my day
me: your exaggerated anger outbursts are a mental illness Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) ... you know that full well... stop to direct them at me please

- I tried calling again (no reply/hung up), 10 minutes later -

me: why am I still writing? so you maybe talk to me? what do you think?
me: what happened today so that you have to paint me black? why?
me: it's already late night... how much longer will you keep this up?

- 10 minutes later (she read, but no reply) -

me: HELLO?
me: (sarcastic) did you already create enough wrong assumptions to justify your black painting?
me: it's almost midnight
me: could you maybe finally pick up the phone please?

- 30 minutes later -

me: I see you have to keep painting me black ㅠㅠ

- 10 minutes later (she kept reading but no reply) -

me: do you know how I feel about our relationship?
me: it's all about you, I honestly think so
me: so once you stopped painting me black, please contact me. - today it's too late

- 5 minutes later -

me: just don't forget. it's your behavior. your behavior. 98% You're the noat wonderful person to me, 2%... wow!
me: think about what you said. If you told me or not (what you're doing). My girlfriend needs to have a secret. Just be careful not to get caught. But know that I can't believe you like this (me creating a condition -_-)
me: even yourself told me trust is one of the bases of a relationship (I'm ready to give up again)
me: anyways good night, like this

- 30 minutes later (I could not sleep)

me: and please think about your words; "do you want to break up?". Those are your own words. Think about it well. What do you want (our relationship to be)? If I tell my girlfriend how I feel you get stressed out? I was "bothering" you, you said. And I said I am crazy sorry, but that wasn't enough for you.
me: I'm going crazy
me: aren't you tired of this behavior? (snapping about peas and making them into an elephant)
me: I ate up everything for your special event (I said nothing for almost 4 months) and one little slip up breaks the deal to you?
me: thank you
me: really, for almost 4 months (her splitting; no affection, no hugs, no kisses and literally almost no touching) you told me you're 50/50 about us and you wanted to break up? So if you tell me it's a bad thing if I knew where you go, what do I have to think, honestly? You're gonna meet another man, like you always threatened me with? Do you seriously think I will be happy about this? Really, your anger attacks are a mental illness (Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) ). I can help you. But you have to paint me black. 'you don't trust me' you said... .wow
me: really, wow
me: I have 100 more things to complain about, but I shut up for your special event.
me: really... your behavior... wow
me: wow

- I finally slept -
Gumiho

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:11:48 AM »

- chat log (continuation, 10 hours later) -

- last couple of messages still unread -

me: ya (hey in korean, well yeah translating all)

- 3 hours later (I slept some more) -

gf: okay got it, "your" behavior
gf: just look at what you wrote
gf: I cannot believe you
gf: my patience ends here

- 10 minutes later (I woke up from messenger bells) -

me: patience ... .
me: hahahahahahahah
me: after your immediate anger outburst?
me: patience?
me: after ignoring me for 24 hours you're saing "patience"?
me: so when your "patience" stops, you have to block my number (yeah she blocked me again *hurray*)
me: see what I wrote... .see what you wrote!
me: from the start on you wanted to fight (she hates if I say that... .couldn't help it)
me: isn't it. huh?
me: your anger outbursts are "patience" now?
me: you just can't drop it... .but "patience", sorry? you still want to fight, "patience", you still ignore me, that's "patience", hello?
me: for 4 months (of splitting), I ate 100 bad behaviors and you say "patience" (in front of me)?
gf: I see, you still complain
gf: I see, you still want to fight
gf: I can't do anything
gf: farewell
me: "you can't do anything"? how about picking up the phone, silly?
me: you think it's alright to paint me black if I ask you where you're going to? (I honestly only asked her to keep the conversation rolling)
me: please answer that. just that
me: (realizing) you've blocked my phone again (about 52 times in 52 weeks)
me: "look at what you wrote"? of course I have to write if you ignore me. Look at what you wrote!
me: I asked you where you're headed and you exploded
me: and after your special event ended you will blame me for stressing you out, I well predict (happened before)
me: what I know full well is that I can't accept your phone blocking (boundary reinforcement)
me: do you remember what I told you what will happen if you block my number again?
me: let me answer your questions (those may or may not become new boundaries in future):
• when I ask you what you're doing, you don't have to answer, as I told you always (ofc don't go ballistic either)
• if I ask you something on messenger, you don't have to reply (very annoying, though as usual, she stopped almost instant replies about a year ago after a long past split, to my great mourning)
• when I try calling you 1~100 times, do you have to answer? Yes you do, when you have time (blocking boundary reinforcment consequence)
• may you block me? no you may not

I will write you the rest after your special event. There are many things I ate down for you.

oh yes! don't forget... it's your behavior. your behavior.

Seriously way to make me feel like crap.
Gumiho

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 08:27:23 AM »

Seriously, of course I wouldn't mind some counselling for myself to resolve my own CODA or whatever it is. (I don't have money for that). But I am a nearly 40yr old undergrad, facing a possible expulsion to cry out loud. Because I struggle to deal with my beloveds character everytime around midterms and finals... a little more stress on my part made the whole thing explode right into my face, with gf and me. For 2 years. I'm foreign student in a remote country I grew so much to I don't want to leave anymore ㅠㅠ
I seriously have no idea how to put up with all this anymore. I love my gf more than anything and I have to deal with this somehow.

what an ordeal
toomanydogs

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »

I'm married to a man with probable borderline, and the chats you've transcribed are exactly what I used to get involved in.

What I've learned--and everyone's different and you may learn to do something different--is to say very cheerfully, "okay. talk later." And then either I hang up, stop texting, or leave wherever we are.

I know that some advise validating how the BPD is feeling. I can't do that with my husband because it causes him to escalate, so I have to disengage, and the only way I know how to do that is to stay cheerful on the outside, and tell him, okay, I'll talk with him later. I usually actually say, "Okay, honey. You seem upset. Remember I love you. I'll check in later."

So maybe I am validating how he's feeling. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Good luck!

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world... Einstein
lostandconfused6

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »

That conversation is literally my life in a nutshell half the time i can ask him anything the other half i'm annoying and needy and clingy he can call and text me 1000 times a day if i do it all hell will break loose and i need to stop texting him because the noise his phone makes gives him a head ache.

I have recently started reading i hate you dont leave me and the SET approach has worked 90% of the time but there is till that 10% of unpredictable moodiness and heaven forbid i catch him in a lie. I literally go from making him cry because i care about him so much to 5 min later being the scum of the earth. It's like it doesnt matter at all what i think or want when hes in a BPD breakdown and the back and forth is what kills me. I'm hoping he will start therapy soon.
Zoaron

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »

Yeah.  That all looks too familiar.  I'm no expert as I'm learning more everyday.  But I've always never pushed trying to talk with my gf after an argument from a trigger.  She always seems to return after trigger emotions were done.  Sometimes that rage from the trigger can last a day or two from my experience.  Another suggestion is to not talk about anything regarding BPD during the rage.  For my gf, it always made her go off even more, so talking about being painted black may be regarded as referring to the terminology in BPD. Sometimes its good to just tell them that you'll always be there for them, and to step back and let the rage and emotions go their course until things settle down again.  And hopefully, she'll be the first to message you once it's done.  I hope things settle out for you.  I know it hurts, but sometimes to diffuse things, you need to take your own emotions out of the picture.  Easier said than done, cause I'm still working on it myself.  And I'm still waiting for that first message from her when she pulls.  There's a special day come very soon and I don't want the first message between us after the rage to be wishing her tidings on that special day.

Be strong.  Strong for love.  Strong for her.

BPD should mean "Be Patient & Devoted" cause I know that's what I try to be for her.
Gumiho

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:56 PM »

Thanks for the advices. ㅜㅜ
I'm working on removing myself after a trigger happened. Though it's a real chore sometimes if she keeps throwing unfair tantrums after me nonstop. At some points I used airplane mode to read her messages without her knowing I read them to deescalate conflicts, though that has little use if I cave in later and enact on her gaslighting, I reckon.
The problem is that she knows me so well when she intentionally (or not) knows how to push the wrong buttons to keep me arguing. That's where I need to shut off my own emotions, I've been working on that for nearly 2 years. It's really easy to say, but so hard to act upon. Because everything my SO says goes straight to heart, even if I know she's just raging.
How to give some less access to yourself if you love her above anything? I'm learning. I failed so much before I knew about BPD, and I still do.
As mentioned my gf seems to be triggered by using some of the advice about how to deescalate conflicts too.
I guess it boils down to every pwBPD having individual weapons that sure can be disarmed, but you have to know if it's a dagger or a grenade pointed at you.

Agh. so complicated ._.
Gumiho

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »

Actually I'm at a loss.
My gf's special event is taking place tomorrow noon. She didn't feel like she needs to invite me up to now, nor tell me anything about it. I had to find out by google.
I never mentioned it (that I know) to her and she deliberately made a secret about it. Most likely she started this fight about the event.
I don't know how I can reward that behavior... I've supported her over the course of almost 4 months and thats her thanks.
I already talked to her elder sister and know she invited anybody else but me.
What should I say if she fails to invite me until the end?
"I know you had a lot of stress lately in preparation to your special event. I also would have been crazy nervous about it. But you couldn't manage to invite your own boyfriend to your event, that broke our deal. Get lost" ... .Im so furious seriously.

Should I make her aware of that it's unacceptable not to invite her own bf before the event?

I honestly don't know
Gumiho

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 02:02:12 AM »

Update: My phone number is still blocked... .about an hour later she rung back (for 2 minutes).
She sounded tired (probably non-stop preparing for her event) and completely off the roll.
I tried to sound cheerful (despite me being upset, disappointed and sad about the recent development).
I asked if she got a lot of stress - she obviously does. She then told me she's very stressed out.
I told her if only I could take all her stress away and swallow it down! She quickly said "you don't have to, anyways I'm hanging up I need to practice".

Wow~ typical empty shell mode.

I'm not even sure if she realizes what she did, if she won't invite me. Probably not, or she would have invited me.
So I can imagine her calling tomorrow night after the event ended and I explode skyhigh if I can't keep it together. Likewise I know the outcome if she feels attacked or criticized in any way she's going ballistic, and (to me) feels like reprimanding a cat who stole a fish from the table. Pretty useless to do so if she doesn't know what she did.

Kind of a loose-loose situation... ugh. I should expect the worstcase scenario. Depressing. She probably still doesn't even know that I'm aware of when her special event is. Or maybe she just plays that (naive helpless mode)... Sucks~
Gumiho

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 10:08:39 PM »

Update D-Day;

Gf failed to invite me. For all the things I've gone through the past 4 months, the help and time invested to keep her calm, her splitting and the nice things she uttered, I have a very very hard time to feel anymore compassion.
My trust in her is gone. Completely.
I am utterly disappointed, feel betrayed and abandoned for all the heartblood poured in, to get this in return.
I don't know if conveying this to her is the right thing to do. I'm trembling hard from fury, so not saying anything would be the wrong thing to do either, it would be lying to myself. I already accidentially "lashed out" at her older sister by saying that I've dealt with a demon of behavior for the past 4 months. I've grabbed gf's couple pajamas and washed them to stow them away or return them later, as if somebody hit the discard button on a remote control.

Torn apart, from rock bottom
구미호
Zoaron

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »

Dude... .I feel your pain.  I don't know if you've been keeping up-to-date in my thread or not, but it seems we're both going through some things that are out of our control.  I do hope things are able to settle out for you. 
Gumiho

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:03 PM »

I don't know if you've been keeping up-to-date in my thread or not ... .
Sure do~

Seriously I don't know what to do. I'm in living hell while she's most likely having a blast somewhere else, (feigning ignorance?) as if nothing happened. She often said "I'm an angel~!" right after getting back together, even though I explained her from a 1000 viewpoints that it's her behavior causing the whole thing to blow up everytime (of course mine as well, and I always felt obliged to say sorry, tho she never did).
She did, does and will make me responsible always. Even though she sometimes acknowledged that it needs two people for a fight. That's basically the only insight she ever came to.
This time too, if I tell her I'm disappointed, she will just brush it off saying "well it's your fault, you made it that way" (claiming that I attacked her first). She -NEVER- started a fight ㅠㅠ

I'm at my wits end.
Gumiho

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 07:53:20 PM »

D-Day + 1
gf's big concert is over.
As a measure of self protection I have decided to "let go". Although I struggle with that decision as well. I however will find a way to hold her accountable for her actions, should she ever reach out.
I stopped trying to call/reach out on D-1 since she decided to block me (all she sees is a block notification on her phone if I called), I sent a text saying "tonight, fighting~!" I have no idea if she got it though. I'm still in silent treatment.
Now that she *should* have some more time for herself maybe she thinks a little of what she did to me, or fabricate reasons to justify my abandonment. We can never know.

So here I am, waiting in pain  (mr knight in shiny silver armor doesn't haste for rescue suddenly, what happen?)
Gonna stalk an unresponsive professor today, for whose reply I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks. Better than sulking at home.
Gumiho

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »

Coming to think of that I repeatedly whined to gf that I need to get good grades or I might end up getting expelled from university which (as previously mentioned) would have meant visa status revocation. In other words, it means a lot to me. The end of my life with infinite prospects in the country where I chose to build my future at.
 Now reflecting, I remember gf saying "oh really?" every time I mentioned this subject, and how she never seemed to be hookable to discuss about what I could do if the worst case scenario entered... .I can't remember when exactly, during a half-assed recycle of our r/s about two months ago (after my repeatedly messed up midterms), when I mentioned above subject, she was suddenly like "ah! I see~~~ so you want to say I am the reason for your mess-ups?" (in her trigger-imminent-scary-undertone), as if she finally latched on the issue. (the wrong way as usual, but atleast she responded -.-;; )
 So I quickly defused saying something like "no, because of my inability to concentrate after our frequent fights, devastated because of the break-ups" (I havent learnt about BPD back then). No wonder now, why I often had the feeling she's somewhere distant in her own world! The talking-to-a-wall-feeling.
 Then, during our most recent r/s recycle I mentioned my situation again, because I increasedly felt anxious about the impact from finals, and gf is like "really, you got two academic warnings already?" (again). In retrospective, along with what I've learned about BPD, I wonder how many times that happened unnoticed over the course of our r/s. What actually interested her enough to crawl out from under the bushes and register, opposed to her seahorse-alien-like attention span (let's call that spaced-outness)... .I think it might be completely random, uncontrolled and when she's not engrossed in her spaced outness. As previously mentioned, gf is hyper intelligent and high functioning if she -wants- it to be, and she's equipped with a "partial" photographic memory. Partial, because of her, under stress, more frequently ocurring spaced-outness. Sometimes I wonder if theres sort of a trigger to snap her out of that state and get her back to real world, because it kinds s*cks if you want to talk about a pressing subject and pwBPD doesn't seem to care even remotely enough to talk about it.

Anyways, my first junior year semester ended as expected, third academic warning received. However, my mentor didn't tell me of "academic hold-over" (grr) , only about expulsion. So I came to know I can cancel one semester and redo it - what a relief, a huge weight is off my mind, and how crushing that came down, could hear a thud almost  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Zoaron

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 06:35:26 AM »

I can definitely relate to that.  It seems my gf or ex-gf now, doesn't care about anything that's going on in my life.  She even tells me that she doesn't want to deal with my s--t. I asked her once that I wanted to get her advice on something, and she was like ok.  And when I asked her advice on what I should say to my father in my email to him (my father and I are estranged from each other for many years), and she's like "I don't care, this doesn't affect me at all". And she's always claimed to be best friends above all else.  And I thought friends are suppose to help each other when asking for advice.  I even try to ask about her day because I'm showing interest because I care. And she doesn't ask or want to know about mine.  Heck, she doesn't even ask how I am first thing in the morning any more and I always ask her. 
Gumiho

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »

Oh my god how familiar, hah

My pops and I too are estranged for many years (actually he ignores me)... .(again)
So the other day I was in kind of a financial bind because of studying abroad. I decided to try contacting dad. Before I did so, I tried getting advice from my "best friend ever" (gf) on what to write. She was clueless and had no advice.
She did however ask if I hadn't forgiven my dad (she assumed that for some reason, because of me saying something like "he may be an ________, but he's still my father". Ugh you know... seahorse brains...   ), at a later point in time.
She remembered something but spun her own things around it... .she always does.
Zoaron

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »

I have a feeling that me mentioning my father may be a trigger for her cause she has issues with her parents in general.  Although she was the one who originally encouraged me to contact him to try and make amends with him.  A lot good that did me.
Gumiho

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »

Elaborate on that. When did you mention? ... before she had the episode?
My gf most often says the contrary of what she actually wants to say (it's often gradewandering and wild guessing what she's trying to communicate *rollseyes*).
":)on't come" in 99% of all cases means "it would be nice if you came over so we can do xyz", dare I misinterpret it would be upheld against me later (punishment all-inclusive).

Maybe "I don't care, this doesn't affect me at all" meant "it really mattered"?
Zoaron

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »

It was just before an episode that it happened. I asked her about helping me with the email and she said it doesn't concern her so why should she help.   And then I guess I made a mistake of setting a boundary at that time and she went full on rage and didn't even give me a chance to talk at all.  So at the time, and I'm sure it might've been a mistake, but I hung up on her.  I wasn't about to take her insulting me left right and centre.  
Gumiho

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »

It was just before an episode that it happened. I asked her about helping me with the email and she said it doesn't concern her so why should she help.   And then I guess I made a mistake of setting a boundary at that time and she went full on rage and didn't even give me a chance to talk at all.  So at the time, and I'm sure it might've been a mistake, but I hung up on her.  I wasn't about to take her insulting me left right and centre.  

Yeah, we're devoid of the right to speak when our gf's rant. Mine always said "YOU KNOW I DON'T LISTEN WHEN I'M ANGRY". Wasn't ever different. I used to call it princess-sickness in good times (before I learnt about BPD) . I dunno, sure there are wrong times to set a boundary (when they don't listen), important is, or so I think that we should not step back after setting it, if however you need to breach that boundary partially, in order to lure her out from under the bushes, try to keep that breach at a minimum, and reinforce it after the next recycle.

I wrote an email to gf(?) today, saying that I'll always be there for her if she wanted to talk. Short and just to poke her. Well two things are possible, either she keeps pouting (I can't call it different in her case), or she will reach out too. I'll sit tight and wait.
 Gah, it sure sucks~ we were just being good again then she throws her next episode... I don't even understand what's so bad with me telling that I'm kinda sad if she can't tell me. - But I know now, basically everything can be a trigger, things I can hardly ever guess. Given that insight I have to negotiate a new deal with her for future blowups, which is as hard as stepping out of the way. Which (stepping back, or just shutting up) funnily that was our deal from begin on. In that sense the ball always was on my side, in her viewpoint, since I always sort of caved in during her tantrum throwing. How many times have I promised not to fight back - so in her view I'm a felon who has broken his promise countless times. - I so many times tried to renegotiate on how I could act when she's going ballistic, I hardly can count it, it always ran out to the same result, that it's me who has to control my emotions. Likewise she countless times sarcastically reminded me of how I can't keep my promises, of how boring that was to her, that I was a liar, and that she won't believe me anymore.
 That overshadows all the good times we had, to her. - Despite trying countless times to convince her to have some insights on her part, that if we worked on this we would be an ace couple, all admission she ever made on these terms was that she is a dictator (she said that herself). So I can take it that she is fully aware of what she's doing.
 I really don't know which part of the puzzle is missing aside from that.
Zoaron

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:58:11 AM »

I'm at the point of just waiting for her to message me if she wants to talk.  I had an episode yesterday when I was out with the family where I suddenly got super nauseous and my hearing went muffled.  I near passed out.  And this happened twice.  One right after the other.   I don't know if I was just fainting or having an anxiety attack or what.  If it's related to my emotions for what's going on, I'll need to see to my own health above all else.  And if that means trying to get over my gf or ex or friend, I'm not sure what we are now,  then that's what I'll have to try to do.  It'll be hard cause I never fell so hard for someone before. 
Gumiho

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 07:54:59 AM »

I had an episode yesterday when I was out with the family where I suddenly got super nauseous and my hearing went muffled.

I'm concerned about such a development. Could you feel your aura? (sudden nauseousness, cold sweat etc?)... I experienced that twice about 20 years ago with later fainting... doc twice sent me to get an epilepsy test. It was negative twice. Doc back then diagnosed a dizzy spell after the second occurence, and it never lit up again ever since.
Maybe it's just a response of your body to severe stress? Do you get enough sleep?
Make sure you get that examined upon recurrence!
Zoaron

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by aura, but I know I felt pale and flush.  Today, my brain just feels numb and just in the last half hour, I developed a glare in my vision.  It's hard to see what I'm typing right now.
Gumiho

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 08:38:12 AM »

My doc explained it's like feeling a cold wind around your body (due to "cold sweat" and he added that it's very often felt shortly before an imminent seizure.

Try getting some rest~~ >.<
Zoaron

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

My doc explained it's like feeling a cold wind around your body (due to "cold sweat" and he added that it's very often felt shortly before an imminent seizure.

Try getting some rest~~ >.<

It didn't feel too much like that.  I'm sure it's just all the stress that I've been going through.  It doesn't help that when I requested from my doctor to get some counselling, the wait time is 15 weeks to get in. 

Also, I have way too much on the go right now.  I have a wrestling show to do this weekend and it's a long weekend too, plus I have to work as well and I want to visit my kids as well. 
Gumiho

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 01:19:37 PM »

... .the wait time is 15 weeks to get in.  ... .

Holy cow ㅇㅅㅇ
Did you ask him how long it is if you ran amok and smashed his keyboard into the monitor?
Unbelievable... 4 months?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest