Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:20:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have an adult child with BPD who has 3 siblings who are suffering  (Read 365 times)
brookline
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: December 29, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »

I am looking for help for 2 of my children, boys ages 13 & 18.  They have been dealing with years of their oldest sisters' BPD behavior.  My younger son is seeing a therapist at school which seems to be helping him. My older son is in his freshman year away at college.  They are both so fearful of their sister committing suicide.   Is there a forum which would be age appropriate for them to be able to communicate whereby they can understand this metal illness.  My other daughter, who's been a target for my older BPD daughter is too angry to even want the help. 
Thank you!
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Huat

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

Hi Brookline.  Sounds like you need a hug.

The thought of a loved one (especially one of our children!) committing suicide is indeed fearful.  I  am remembering the night I sat holding my weeks-old grandchild, listening on the phone to her mother (my uBPD daughter) crying and telling me how "black" her world was.   I thanked God that I had the child but I was so frightened because my hands were tied.  That feeling can hold you hostage... .afraid to make any moves.

I'm wondering... .do you have any kind of support... .a partner... .other family/friends?  It is good to read that your one son is seeing a therapist.  Have you ever considered that for yourself?  It was life-changing for me to do that... .have a professional listen to me... .validate my feelings... .help me to come to decisions that only I could make.

Hope to hear more from you Brookline.  Your posts are being read... .heads are nodding.  It has been comforting to me to know that I am not alone... .that "this" has happened to others.  It has been therapeutic to put my fingers on the keyboard and pour out my heart... .my hurts... .to a non-judging community... .and get the feedback I needed.  It has been therapeutic, too, to reach out to others and offer my support.

Another   hug to you, Brookline.

Huat
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest