Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 01:35:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My SO is having a really hard time lately  (Read 395 times)
Frankee

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« on: July 27, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »

I agree with this.  It is so easy to focus on how that person is hurting you and how bad they are doing.  I admit I do that.  I know there are things I need to work on personally, just so I can look at myself and know that I am trying to be a good person.  It is hard though.  My SO is having a really hard time lately.  Lashing out, violent outburst that usually end up with me as a direct target for all his negative, uncontrolled angry emotions.  Most of the time I'm left feeling devastated, like a horrible person, and shell shocked at the incident.  He has his good moments, but lately they seem few and far between.  I'm trying to keep positive for my kids and just my own sanity.  I'm not by any means a saint. I've made mistakes, some I wish I could go back an erase, but I can't.  So I keep moving forward, working on trying to find how to find happiness and a peace of mind.  He may never get better.  We may never be together the rest of our lives, but I do know that we everything is said and done, I can stand there and say that I did my best.  And that's all one can do.

“Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

Hi Frankee and Welcome  ,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through that right now.  Are you living together?

Excerpt
My SO is having a really hard time lately.  Lashing out, violent outburst that usually end up with me as a direct target for all his negative, uncontrolled angry emotions.  Most of the time I'm left feeling devastated, like a horrible person, and shell shocked at the incident. 

When you say violent outbursts, are you meaning he is directly violent towards you?  My exBPDbf was violent towards me and it was very frightening.  Do you feel safe around your SO?  Something I did was to visit a local domestic abuse support services drop in at my doctors surgery.  They helped me to devise a safety plan just in case.  Whatever you plan to do in the r/s, I'd encourage you to look at safety planning just to be prepared and safeguard yourself if necessary.  Knowing what to do helped me enormously.  It took only minutes and was really useful for me. 

Excerpt
I'm not by any means a saint. I've made mistakes, some I wish I could go back an erase, but I can't.  So I keep moving forward, working on trying to find how to find happiness and a peace of mind.  He may never get better.  We may never be together the rest of our lives, but I do know that we everything is said and done, I can stand there and say that I did my best.  And that's all one can do.

You seem open to what the future holds for the r/s and trust me, nobody is exempt from making mistakes.  I have made plenty!  Is your SO receiving any treatment to look at their own behaviours in this r/s?  How long have you been together?

Love and light x 

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »

Hi Frankee,

I'm sorry that you are feeling so hurt and scared. You've found a place where you can share what you are going through with people who understand.

What kinds of things does your H get mad about? When he gets mad, what does it do?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Frankee

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 05:59:59 PM »

He yells a lot.  We had a huge fight yesterday.  It ended up with a break through where we both expressed our true emotions... it was short lived though.  He got mad again today and decided to play the "cold, distant, and do whatever I want to".  Sometimes that is scarier than when he yells.  Our recent explosion was due to a misunderstanding that was caused by his idiot brother.  My SO found condoms wedged in the passenger seat of our car, then stuck them in the console so I would find them (he thought they were mine).  I found them yesterday and stuck them in the steering wheel cover so he would find them (cause I thought they were his, even though they seemed small so didn't make sense)... so that as you know didn't end well.  We had an all out fight before it was discovered that his brother found them.  What's even worse is he made me apologize for accusing him because he said since I'm sure a liar and like to hid things, that it is more likely that I would be the one to cheat and said I know if he was ever going to cheat, he would tell me just to piss me off (which I believe). 

We had it out for hours and it ended up with us coming to an understanding... but then today, I didn't answer his question properly and I didn't go get the new phone this morning (because he smashed mine) and instead went to put money on a card for a bill and picked up a couple things.  I was feeling good until that.  And when get go mad, he started to yell, accused me of doing it on purpose so he would get upset and look like a monster in front of the kids.  Yes, I did snap at him, but I apologized... which he didn't accept.  He keeps saying I do this stuff on purpose and that there is no point in making plans with me anymore because I never do anything we talk about.

We have two kids together.  A 6 and 1 year old.  He doesn't like to yell in front of the kids and neither do I.  I try to watch how I act so I don't set him off, but today I slipped when I snapped and starting getting upset because I feel he always sees the bad I do, not the good.

He's not receiving treatment.  He knows that he's off and we have talked about his past and his experiences that made him this way.  He has changed a lot since we have met and he's a wonderful dad.  Just the things between us are turning sour real quick and I'm starting to think it may be too late to save what we had.  It's going to take a lot of work I know that.  I just still feel like when I try to feel better, we always ends up back at ground zero.

“Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest