Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 03:36:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i got engagement rings back  (Read 327 times)
Xeonrebel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »

hi. i have a question. long story short, i was on a 6 year with a 30 yo woman i believe she is BPD (suicide attempts, anxiety, dissociation, etc). we broke up november 2016. we had a long distance RS so out of desperation i sent not one but 2 engagement rings so she would return to me (i sent them on january and february cause her mother told me not to travel to see her, and i sent 2 cause the 1st ring didnt fit her finger). she recycled me april 2017, we tried a friendship, but she was all diferent, insulting me, she even went on a date with some guy she met on tinder, she didnt like the stuff she used to like with me, she would give silent treatment for almost everything. by the end of june i told her that she was being abusive with me and i couldnt stand it anymore. she just went silent, full power this time. i tried to reach her but it was impossible. anyway, after finding that a month later she was like crazy trying to get my replacement and even considering the possibility of going to a single's party on the beach i went mad. so i reached her mother and told her that i wanted the rings back. my ex-gf said thru her mother that she didnt have money to send them (but she did cause she went to a concert and she bought 2 tickets). anyway, i sent the money to her mother and her mother returned the rings to me.

as far as i know, even when she said that she wanted to return the rings so i would leave her alone, she didnt send them, her mother took the money i sent and she personally went to a delivery service and sent them to my city.

want i want to know is your opinion. a good friend of mine told that i did wrong, but seeing how the things went in the end told me to use both rings so i get closure from my side (since my ex gf just went silence, not goodbye, no im ssorry, no anything!). on the other hand, the last time i spoke to her mother to thank her for sending both rings, she told me that my exgf told her that she missed me but didnt want me back. the thing is is that i dont know if she told her that before or after returning the rings.

im trying to stay on focus on my objetive and my objetive is full NC and get closure from my side, and i dont want to overthink about what her mother said and my actions of getting back the rings. in the end i have read that they want to keep things from us, and she is keeping a lot of my things with her.

thanks
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest