Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Constantly Lying And Mind Games  (Read 362 times)
Newyoungfather

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 22, 2017, 03:52:42 AM »

Hello Everyone,
If you have been reading my older post you may realized that I am finally filing the 3rd custody modification.  Since then my BPDex just plays mind games.  First she always mentions a bf in her life but then won't let me meet him.  She will flat out LIE during mediation sessions and then when evidence is provided via attorney her negative advocate attorney makes up excuses for her behavior.  It doesn't get her far as I have won every case.  I'm curious however, does she lie knowing its a lie or it is just a defense mechanism and she does it without thinking.  It is very frustrating for me as she has no accountability and the mind games are terrible, each week she has a new "idea" on what school and daycare my son will be going too.  Some weeks he will be in the same daycare, the next he will begin home schooling, the next to a different daycare, etc.  Anyone can help cure my brain right now would help as I am pass frustrated.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 02:01:16 AM »

From Understanding The Borderline Mother: some borderlines consciously distort the truth in order to prevent abandonment, maintainself-esteem, or avoid conflict. Others may lie to evoke sympathy, attention, and concern. From the borderline’s perspective, however, lying feels essential for survival. 

She's doing what has worked for her in the past. 

I'm currently struggling with my ex's dissatisfaction with the kids' school.  I've dealt with it for 3 years now,  so I feel your pain. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
david

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:50:48 PM »

My ex was on the stand and was telling a major lie and I had no proof that it was a lie. I picked up a blank piece of paper and handed over to my attorney. Ex was watching. I simply said to him that she was lying and pointed to the blank piece of paper. A second or two later she had changed her testimony. My attorney realized what I did and after the hearing he said to do that whenever something like that happens again. That was around 2010.
Since then I have taken the position that ex always lies and I base my actions on what I think is best for our boys. We only communicate through email and I simply say what I am going to do. I never explain my reasons. If she asks for an explanation I simply repeat what I said. I didn't do that in the beginning and things were always difficult. She always found ways to disagree and argue. I would then try to explain again. The back and forth would go on quite some time. Now, I simply state facts and never call her on her bs.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest