Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:26:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting to the end of my rope?  (Read 359 times)
chinatl
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 24, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I've been poking around these boards for months trying to drum up the courage to make a first post. So here it is.

I've just emerged from a heap off the floor of our closet after my latest run-in with UBPDso. This is HIGHLY ironic since I am in a same-sex relationship and I thought this whole coming out of the closet thing was done years ago.

At this point I am just not sure where to turn. We used to engage in these long, epic fights where the whole time I just felt like I was trying to get my footing as the very definitions of words would shift from moment to moment. And all I could do was try to somehow get out of the argument -- not win it -- just get it to stop. So I resorted to just saying "Yes, you're right" to absolutely everything, no matter how patently crazy it was. I could spend literally hours saying little more than "Yes. Uh-huh. Absolutely! Yes, you're right." And on and on.

Nowadays, I just want peace. Actually, I'll settle for predictable conflict. I'll settle for a world without landmines. Because every time I think I know where they all are, a new hidden one blows my leg off before I realize what's happened.

I'm not suicidal, but I do think about it more than occasionally. I've looked up the suicide hotline number several times, but never called. I always feel ok after a few hours or a few days. I just don't know how long I can go on having that feeling come up every few weeks. Because even that feels like too close too often.

I just feel very, very tired and very defeated.

Thank you for reading. I appreciate any insight!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

hi chinatl and Welcome

i can certainly understand just wanting the arguments and dysregulation to stop.

how long have the two of you been together? when you say you emerged from a heap off the floor, is your partner physically violent?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Hisaccount

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »

coming out of the closet thing was done years ago.

Awesome sense of humor, glad you still have that.

What a miserable situation that many of us have been in.

Since you have been around you have probably seen most of the tools, learning and self help things you can do.

For me it was about picking my battles. I would do the same thing, just say whatever to end the fight.
It came back to haunt me though, so be careful what you are agreeing too. If I would say something just to end the fight, then it was forever held over my head.

I looked at my relationship as a chess match, if I couldn't not predict or control her next responses I would not engage.
Sad but it was about surviving a relationship and hoping for better days ahead.

Sounds like you are doing well at picking yourself up, be sure to find some alone time, activities that gets you away so you can recover and stay healthy.
Could be reading a book, or bowling. I chose stuff my partner hated to do, on purpose. So there was never a question that she would decide to come along.
So for me that was anything that involved manual labor and I knew she was out. LOL

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest