Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 02:37:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My BPD girlfriend cheated with a good freind  (Read 410 times)
Seven seven

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 28, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »

A few months ago my BPD girlfriend cheated on me with a good friend she says she was drunk and high and hates herself for it I have tried to get past this but cannot get the images of them together this is not the first time this has happened with people I know I love her but don't know if I can get over it or whether I should just finish it?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »

Hi Seven seven,

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your thoughts about your girlfriend's past behavior. I know that must have hurt both of you very much. In any relationship this would be a serious issue that takes time and effort to sort out and make serious decisions about. This is not a decision anyone can make for you. What would you need to have happen to make it possible to stay together? What would make you lean towards letting her go?

wishing you peace,

pearlsw.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »

HI seven seven,

I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time moving on from this. I can understand. It's very painful. Forgiveness is the only way to move forward if you want to continue the relationship. Forgiveness is a choice. It doesn't mean that what the person did is forgotten or that things even have to go back to the way they were, but it does mean that this situation will not continue to control you.

One way you could help move forward is to look at mindfulness. This is being present in the moment, not in the past and not in the future. Our workshop Triggering, Mindfulness, and WiseMind might help you with this.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

bananas2
Formerly OnceHadMoxie

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »

Hi Seven seven,

I'm so sorry you are enduring this. I know how painful it is. My husband cheated on me several times, with the last time being almost 2 years ago now. I made the decision to stay, but your decision is entirely up to you. My BPDH and I are putting in hard work in marriage counseling trying to work through recovering from his infidelities.

I think Pearl posed some good questions for you to consider. Have you asked your GF her reasons for cheating (other than being drunk and high)? You said this is not the first time this has happened. What reasons did she give you before? If you decide to move forward with the r/s, it may be helpful for you both to understand what her motivation was to stray.

BPD is like a banana peel awaiting its victim.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest