Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time here  (Read 414 times)
why5
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 16, 2017, 02:08:46 AM »

Hi there,

Never in a million years did I think I would end up here (no offence!). I've met my fair share of asss, but never a man with BPD. And don't get me wrong, at 49 years old I subconsciously invited this! I have my own deficiencies that allowed this man to manipulate and undermine my intuition. I wanted to believe this was it so badly!

I only dated him 3 months, but it was intense. And he went from one day telling me I was complete sweetheart who was the best thing for him to a couple days later of accusing me of being a betrayer and letting him down. Disappearing for a week and likely hooked up with someone else because he thought I was 'bad news'! The worst part, it's been 3 months since we split and I'm still grieving him as long as I actually dated him :-(

Will I ever feel joy again? And how do I create my own closure around this? He hasn't looked back for a millisecond!
Pencil sketch

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:57:34 AM »

Hi, I don't think the length of the relationship, has any real meaning, it's the damage they have done, it's like being trapped in a toxic octopus's tentacles. I am still relatively new here, but it has kept me sane. I think one of the hardest parts to accept, is the total cut off, one minute they are there, the next, fallen off the face of the earth.
That is the part I am trying to get my head around, even though, it's happened on more than one occasion, and the fact, they have just moved on, and we are left to pick up the pieces.
Sending you love and strength xxx

Lost-love-mind
a.k.a. beezleconduit

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:15:28 AM »

Why5
I firmly believe that relationship link has nothing to do with the amount of grieving. I had a short two months relationship with a pwBPD and it is been 6 months since it's end. However I still find myself thinking about her throughout the day and wondering what happened to all the great times we had at the beginning, the love bombing. Was any of it real? It certainly did come from my heart.

Why was I so taken in by her promises and discussion of our " mind meld" as one.

I learned after a couple of months of intense abyss of depression that it was best for me to start doing things that would improve my Outlook. I took a physical labor job, I got a Christian support team and of course I went into therapy. Since that time the grieving has moved from the anger stage and it's all her fault, to realizing that I made some mistakes that may have triggered her lack of emotions from her past, thus, painting me black.

Take a good look at taking care of yourself first and make sure you have support that understands the pain of a relationship with a pwBPD.
Certainly we do. We Are Family.

I'm a pwBPD traits, diagnosed.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest