Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycling to the extreme  (Read 450 times)
thegravityof

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 30, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »

It is a long story and I guess I'll go into detail as things progress. The first thing I wanted to bring up is the fact that I have been 'recycled' no less than 28 times in a year long relationship. We are currently broken up whilst being at home for the holiday period (we both moved away to here uni town). Obviously if thing stay like this then I will move back home rather than stay at her uni town, but circumstances dictate that I need to take action quickly. Obviously I'm trying to talk things through with her, but she's ghosting me as usual. I just feel like there is a real time constraint on all of this. I pretty much have to decide whether to make arrangements to move back or not in the next week. I've been here so many times before, I can't ever know that she means what she says... .She's not talking to me and I don't know what to do. Help
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »

Hi thegravityof and welcome 

That sounds like hard going.  I can imagine you're worn out with all the push/pull in the r/s.  Who broke up with who this time and is it always the same way?  I'm wondering if there is a pattern to this and if you can identify what triggers the breakups?  Good news is you're in the right place for support as this community is familiar with this type of dynamic - by reading others' posts you'll find you're far from alone.  There are excellent tools here to help you look at improving things in the communication so that hopefully you can reduce the tension in the r/s enough to perhaps get a better view of things.  It may seem difficult to believe, but things can change considerably for implementing some of these skills.  (See the Tools tab on the top header menu).  How are you feeling right now?

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
thegravityof

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »

Thanks 

It has been extremely hard going. When we first got together it was intense and lovely. She was due to go travelling a couple of months later for an undetermined amount of time, but we had enjoyed spending time together so much that before she went we made the decision to stay together and save ourselves for each other. It was after she left to go travelling (although there had been some red flags before) that I really began to understand that there were some serious problems in her emotional processing. It began then, and has always been the same - the breakups are almost always triggered by an accusation. Almost every time the same pattern - I get accused of something, my attempts to defend myself enrage her, then practically mid conversation I find myself blocked on all forms of social media, phone, etc. She always seems to leave at least one avenue of communication open though, which is normally email. Usually things are resolved within the same day, or the next day, but sometimes it can last as much as a few days, and the longest time was about three weeks.

One of the most frustrating things for me is that she complains about how embarrassing it is to have our relationship so publicly on and off, but yet she can't seem to stop herself overreacting in that way and causing both of us this embarrassment. I've tried all kinds of things with her to improve our communication. I try and stay calm and reassure her even when I'm being accused of the most outrageous and far fetched things, but sometimes I don't handle it well. It's just so draining and so frustrating to be accused so much when I have been completely loyal and faithful to her. If I ever bite back at her and tell her how unreasonable she's being it's like the beginning of WW3. She snoops through my laptop and my phone, so she actually knows that I'm innocent of any betrayals or cheating but yet she'll still accuse me of cheating on her if I'm ten minutes late for something or if my phone battery dies and I can't respond to her messages quickly enough. The worst thing about all of this is that I've had to deal with her betrayal, I had to forgive her for kissing not one, but two people in one night behind my back, and for 'accidentally' packing condoms when she first moved away for uni.

Since I posted, we have exchanged a couple of texts, but it's the same old negative stuff from her. "We're never getting back together, I treat her so badly, goodbye, etc". I actually pointed out to her tonight that I'd counted at least 28 times that she's said these same things to me and done this and always changed her mind and it didn't seem to make her question her stance at all. It always seems that I will be treated like this, just cut out like I never meant anything, until she has decided that I've learnt my lesson.

I do love her and I'm sure that she could get better with the right support but she says that she hates therapists (she doesn't like people, or talking much) and that she doesn't have the strength to go through that right now. She does admit that she is introverted, insecure, suspicious, paranoid, over-reactive and that she doesn't handle relationships well, but she can't seem to stop herself from continuing with the destructive cycles, and it really does bring out the worst in me sometimes too. It's just so draining, but the good times always seem to make the bad times worth it somehow... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest