Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 08:31:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really tough day  (Read 355 times)
lotus74

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 5 years

« on: May 05, 2018, 03:52:11 PM »

My uBPDh and his parents came to pick up the rest of his things this morning.  I had everything packed up in boxes and in the garage.  He would not look at me or say a word to me. His parents have been like my parents for the last nine years. I burst into tears when his dad said Hi.  His mother was very cold to me.  I'm sure that he has spun a wonderful web of how he is the victim and I am the terrible person that did this to him.  The facts are that he left.  He contacted a lawyer.  He asked me to pack up his things.  He took a large sum of money out of our joint bank account.   

I know that it is too emotional for him to see me or talk to me.  I get that.  What really hurts is I tried to tell his parents that I love them and that I miss them and that I didn't want this.  All I got was "He didn't want this either", "be good", and "we love you too", but the tone and body language did not reflect the words.  I wanted him to go to counseling with me.  I asked him to about a week before he left.  That was a big fight.  How could I ask that of him when he is going to court later this month for charges pending from his car accident in late January.  Why would he want to spend time working on his marriage if he could possibly be going to jail in a few months. 

I just feel used up and discarded.  Why do we love someone so much that has such a capacity to hurt us so deeply?  I'm glad my D16 wasn't here to feel the icy frost of their resentment and loathing.
Cromwell
`

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »

Hi lotus74

unpleasant as it was to be ignored in such a way, it might have been more preferable to him making snide remarks or some other type of hostility?

Remember that his parents will know you well having had 9 years with you what seems like a very close bond. They might have felt the need to behave different with their son being there than if you had the opportunity to be alone with them. If they are mature people they will know that there are two sides to the story and not just side with their sons version of events for his sake alone.

As for loving someone so much that has the capacity to hurt us so deeply, it is often the case that people hurt the ones who love them the most, when my ex could see that I was hurt by her behaviour it solidified in her mind that I cared enough to be hurt. In other words the association is made that love = hurt. If I was indifferent and didnt react emotionally, it would be an indicator that I didnt love her because I was unaffected or indifferent. Its almost as if being hurt is a proof of love, therefore, encouraging more hurt in the future to test and see just how far the love goes.

Sorry you had a rough day, hoping this gets resolved with as little upset as possible.
Mustbeabetterway

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »

Lotus74,  wow that sounds incredibly tough.  So sorry you had to go through this.  It understandable how upsetting  this must have been.

Could it be that his parents are also upset and just trying to get through this time that must be tough for them as well? If they love you, then they must be disappointed to be losing you as a daughter in law. 

Obviously, this is painful for you and you tried to keep your marriage together. 

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.  Glad you are posting.  We are here to lend our support.

Peace and blessings,

Mustbe
Sparky5

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »

Hi Lotus,
     So sorry you had to experience that. It sounds like it was quite painful. I can relate to the feeling of being discarded and it is horrible. Here's a big   for you. What are you doing for self care in the aftermath?
-Sparky
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest