Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 09:58:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drama about stuff and more...  (Read 384 times)
MeandThee29

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« on: February 23, 2018, 06:09:27 AM »

We've been separated for six months and several states apart, and he wants to drive back and get some things that fit in his car. That's fine. I had hoped that we would mutually be able to work out a time. He's retired, and I have a very complicated schedule and work from home. I offered to ship the things or get a mover. Nope, he has to come.

None of the times that worked for me were "acceptable" (his word). So then he was just going to show up, and I'd have to handle it.

Then we talked on the phone for three hours and worked out a good time. I called my therapist before the phone call, and she helped me with how to handle it. Not a fun phone call, but he calmed down. We agreed on a time.

Then a text the next day, that he was showing up on a certain day, at least further out than the original one, but not when we agreed. I called a friend and decided to go with it. So I called him, and it's set up. With the distance, he won't be able to show up any earlier, but we're going to stay with friends several counties away for a few days. I can work from their house. All he knows is that we won't be around. He has visitors coming, so he's eager to get home. At least I hope so.

Anyone else would probably just agree to have the stuff shipped. It's just stuff that fits in a car.

Yeah, it's all about control. He has to come on the day he wants and push my buttons. It doesn't have to make sense.

Thankfully I found a rental that meets our needs that I can afford, so we'll be moving shortly.

The house is going on the market this summer, and we can move on. Life is good.
Jeffree

Relationship status: divorce

Encourage Mint

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

Sometimes all one can do is throw up their hands and say, "Whatever!"

Do you have anyone close by who can be there with you as he removes his stuff?

J

"Live as if your life depended on it." ~ Werner Erhard
MeandThee29

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:48 PM »

Sometimes all one can do is throw up their hands and say, "Whatever!"

Do you have anyone close by who can be there with you as he removes his stuff?

J

Yes, the conclusion I drew was that he was just going to show up out of the blue if I didn't agree to something soon. At least I got several days notice.

We have to be out of the house. I have to hold online meetings that day with a webcam and high-quality sound equipment that I can see him interrupting. My youngest won't be around him at all, and she doesn't drive. We have a dog he doesn't approve of that he might let out and not care where she goes.

He's broken off with everyone here and doesn't want anyone to know he's coming.

So we're taking certain things and hoping he keeps to his word to just get his stuff.

Speck

Relationship status: Divorced since Mar 2018

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »

Hi, MeandThee29!

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, but, it looks like you've found a suitable solution.  I hope it goes smoothly, and let us know how it turns out.

-Speck
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 08:00:22 AM »

Hi M&T,

I have to say you've done exceptionally well to handle this the way you have.  I feel inspired!  Well done on remaining so calm and taking such a smart approach to this.  I too am working with my counsellor on protecting myself emotionally in dealing with my son's father, who has NPD traits and am feeling the sense of calm and maintaining of my own power which comes with this.  You seem to be taking things in your stride and have a clear perspective of what he is doing.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Those boundaries are being maintained valiantly!

Also it's great news that you have found a suitable affordable home.  I'm really pleased for you.  As Speck says, let us know how it all goes.

Love and light x     

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest