Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:31:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just started an antidepressant...  (Read 405 times)
Jnel921

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 21, 2018, 09:07:11 AM »

I went to see my doctor yesterday who after taking my blood pressure which was dangerously high and explained my situation as of this year prescribed me an anti depressant.

I took the first one last night and honestly I couldn't sleep. I had the chills and then eventually in the am I was fine. My D20 went out last night with yet another guy I do not know and stayed out. Its been over 2 weeks since the abortion. Also she was talking to my mom about this guy and all she talked about was being able to have sex again.

Her conversation and even the outfit she had on was inappropriate. She lost the job at the daycare as she is irresponsible about the time they asked her to come in. She thinks she can walk in 30 minutes late without calling and she was sent home and never scheduled hours again.

I want to have a talk with her about what she is doing. Right now I don't want her using my car. I am not sure how that will go because she cant work unless she is driving in my town. She has no money. She left my home on Monday and came back yesterday only to stay out again.

Earlier in the week while she was gone she called me and started to argue with me about enrolling her in school come September. She said if she wasn't going to go that she would kill herself. This made me very upset. I am tired of her trying to manipulate and threaten me. She doesn't want to work, clean, be honest, respectful or contribute to my home. She doesn't do anything that would earn or deserve any extra from us. I just want her to leave.

Why does my life have to be this way?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Lady Itone

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:48:33 AM »

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Others on this board will be better able to give you advice on handling your daughter, but I just wanted to let you know I've had to go on antidepressants during hard times in my life, and they really can be helpful. It just a bit of time for your body to adjust. I know from experience, it's nearly impossible to come up with solutions when you're depressed. When you start to feel a little better, you'll be able to find a way to move forward. Peace.

Daisy123

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »

Hello Jne,

I’m so sorry you are struggling with your own mental health but glad to see that you’ve listened to your body and have saught help. I, too, suffer from mental illness, but was not taking care of myself spiraling from one of my DD20’s crisis to the next and suddenly found that my brain had fallen into a rabbit hole of depression.

Our loved ones can drain us if we aren’t careful.

As for your D- it sounds exhausting with threats and all. I don’t know if this will work for you, but I have found using DEARMAN ( info to the right of the screen in tools I believe) has been helpful when communicating with my DD20. When she was taken to the ER after an attempt, I used DEARMAN as a gentle, but firm way of asking her to get a higher level of treatment.

Take care,
Daisy123
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »

Jnell  

How are you today?

WDx  

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest