Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: found out BF has BPD, and he just lost the closest person in his life  (Read 371 times)
newtoacceptance
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 02, 2018, 03:48:08 PM »

Hi! I am new here. I am actually new to all of this. My boyfriend and I had a wonderful start to our relationship, it was passionate and intense and started very quickly, over time, he started to get upset when we would argue he would push me away and then have fits of rage when I would leave. He finally admitted to himself as well as me that he has BPD. The symptoms, fights, anger, have all gotten worse since is grandmother died. She was the one and only stable person in his life, that showed him love, consistency. As a child, his mother was non-existent in the sense that she treated his brother and sister like gold in comparison, at age 16, his mother filed for divorce, and abandoned him and his sister (14), after his dad had moved out, leaving him on the farm all alone to take care of the farm and his sister. When his dad starting dating again, her children became his family and he did things with her kids that he never did with my boyfriend and his sister. The fights have gotten worse since his grandma died, and I'm trying to help him, but I don't know what to do anymore.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

juju2

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 04:27:37 PM »

Welcome!
You are in the right place, there is caring, help, and hope here.

It took courage for you to reach out.  This is a safe space.
There are great tools here to learn.  Stop making things worse, that is what I wanted to tackle first.

Read, learn, post here.  There is a lot to learn, at your own pace.

Things get better.  You will be o.k.
I am very glad you found us,

Sincerely, j

pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:12:14 AM »

Hi newtoacceptance,

Let me join juju2 in welcoming you here! Glad to have you here with this, though it's because of such tough reasons!

May I ask how recently his grandmother passed away? Grieving can be so painful, but I imagine with his emotional intensity and her special role in his life it is even that much harder!

Have you already been reading here for awhile before you posted? Or you are totally new? There is a lot to learn in terms of understanding our partners. Do you have any experience yet with the tool of validating? Validation (I don't want to get too many steps ahead if this is all new!)

Can you tell us a bit more about what your interactions with him are like?

with compassion, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest