Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 01:03:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This author has worked extensively with BPD - I'm reading daily.  (Read 366 times)
Sparky5

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

I'm beginning to realize that the daggers they throw at your confidence are absolutely intentional. It's about control. I'm glad that I have been journaling for a long time. I'm able to go back and see where we were eight years ago and catalog the abuse. Even her youngest adult daughter has told me to save myself and move on. You might try reading some of the articles at gettin better.com . The author has a Masters in phsycology and has worked extensively with BPD folks. I'm reading and rereading them daily. This isn't your fault. She'll keep destroying people until she gets real help. I know it's hard man, I know it makes no friggen sense at all but it's how they operate and they can't control it. Be good to yourself and stay strong, it's all we can do in the aftermath.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »

Sparky, I might rethink the reading of any material on that website. That particular blogger was a licensed hair stylist for 30+ years, went back to school, failed out of her internship, and was sanctioned by the State of California board of Psychology last year for impersonating a therapist.

We would just ask that you not post about her here:

This is her:

Date: 3-2018Minutes: 28:25

During my extensive career as a stylist

Info on Shari Schreiber:
bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=273738

Members talk about her here:
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=273738

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »

I'm beginning to realize that the daggers they throw at your confidence are absolutely intentional. It's about control.

So what is going on in our relationship lately?  How are you getting along on a daily basis? What are the reoccurring fights about? Do you share affection? Do you do things together?

This is the best place to start.  Here on the "Bettering" board we like to first focus on getting peace in the family short term, getting the boat into a safe harbor, so that you can look at this 10-year old relationship and yourself and where you are all going in life... .

Hang in there... .there is nothing easy about getting you feet on steady ground 10-years in.   Being cool (click to insert in post)

Sparky5

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 08:27:15 AM »

So what is going on in our relationship lately?  How are you getting along on a daily basis? What are the reoccurring fights about? Do you share affection? Do you do things together?

This is the best place to start.  Here on the "Bettering" board we like to first focus on getting peace in the family short term, getting the boat into a safe harbor, so that you can look at this 10-year old relationship and yourself and where you are all going in life... .

Hang in there... .there is nothing easy about getting you feet on steady ground 10-years in.   Being cool (click to insert in post)

I will abide by your request though I must say, when reading some of the post, it seems as though she has some solid insight. I think that I'm going to have to start posting in another category and begin referring to my gf as my ex. She leaves on weekends and doesn't come home, her heroin addict daughter says she's never seen her party like this and she consistently tells me she has a "crush" on another man and he seems to be interested. I believe that out of a sense of self respect and true desire to heal that I must evict her from my home and aggressively detach. I have tried so very hard to be understanding. As she bailed for her weekend party/ date binge yesterday evening she blew up at me and blamed me for the her youngest daughter severing her relationship with her. The reality is that it was a healthy choice for her to do so.
     So now I begin the final extrication process. I don't know if I should start getting moving boxes and packing her things or if that would trigger an outlandish episode. The pain is bad but my family is behind me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'll start posting in the proper category and stop referring to that other website. Thanks
-sparky5
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest