Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 12:14:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here.  (Read 420 times)
Learning1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 25, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »

Hi. I'm new here.  So glad to find this support group.
My daugthere is in her early 20s and has adhd with anxiety.
She has always been different and even as a baby was overly fussy with frequent meltdowns as a toddler.

I've always attributed he behaviours to her adhd.,,,but things recently have become vert bad with anger issues ecf... .and she was Dx likely with BPD (emotional dysregulation)

Although adhd can share similar traits I can see so much in her that matches this diagnosis. I can also make more sense of her fathers illness as I think he has a component of this... .but not the adhd.,... that comes from my side of the family.

There is so much more I could say... as I'm sure you all could. It's been a awful year and still struggling to find help

So that sums it up for now.

I look forward to being part of this group and learning tips and getting support from you all... .as well as giving support where I can.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
BeUTfulDisaster

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:59:12 PM »

Hi Learning 1

I’m new here tonight too.  My daughter is 19 and newly diagnosed.  Her first year of college was a catastrophe.  As a little person she too was very complex.  She slept very little, was difficult to console, had a invisible friend named Bonk, was sure witches were going to come into her room at night ( we hung sheets over every window so she could TRY to sleep), would cry over the smallest things, was incredibly sensitive to kids opinions as early as 2nd grade.  My husband would say to her often “this is not a crying event dear—it’s ok”.

We have moved our girl home, un-enrolled in college for the fall and searching for treatment.
bluek9

we are full of color

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »

Hi!  WELCOME LEARNING 1

So glad you have joined us here. Yes this is definitely the place to be for learning and support!  Thought  I'm sorry you have had a hard last year, that is usually the place most parents are in when they come here. For me, I was soo mad, ready to tear my hair out with frustration 
What a blessing it is when other parents reach out and post that they too understand where you're at. I'm sure you will find in other posts parents sharing things that you can relate to. You will also find that its common for BPD's to be co-morbid(have other diagnosis).
   This place is so great, there are so many tools to look at, learn from. I hope you take some time to look around, while it cab be very scary, know that we are all here for each other, we get it.

H:healing, O:options, PE:positive encouragement
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »

Hi Learning1 

Along with BeUT and bluek9 I welcome you here to bpdfamily. I'm sorry it's been an awful year for you, mine was 2015/16 ... I arrived with hope and found it with the wonderful parents support and learning here, the global resource for BPD, free at source bowled me over! In a great way, so welcome.

What's happening you say you are struggling to find help?

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest