Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:44:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broke up with uBPD GF after almost 7 years and I need help/guidance  (Read 398 times)
Zeetwentyeight
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: August 12, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »

Hi everybody. I’m new to this forum. I’m a 47 y/o male that’s been in an on/off relationship with a 47 y/o uBPD woman for nearly 7 years. It’s been more off than anything because anytime we would stsrt to get close, she’d push me away and sabotage the relationship in some way. Sometimes she would run back to exes and add them on her FB and then she’d come begging me back. At first she’d come begging back within 24 hours. Over the years it’s gotten longer and longer. Average is 2 weeks and it’s been as long as 3 months before I’d hear from her. There were a few times when she would try to stay the night with me and in the middle of the night she would leave without telling me. She told me that she would start to get major anxiety because she felt like she was getting too close and she got up and leave. There were a few times when she would try to stay the night with me and in the middle of the night she would leave without telling me. She told me that she would start to get major anxiety because she felt like she was getting too close and she got up and leave. It took her a very long time before she could start getting comfortable with me staying the night with her without her getting the anxiety. She told me that before she met me that she had done this other times with moon. She had told me about how she would get together with unavailable men because she knew that there would be no commitment there. She always told me that it was different with me though. I have done a lot of research on borderline personality disorder of the past 5 1/2 years when I really started noticing her strange behaviors. At first I thought that she was just commitment phobic but she displayed other things besides just commitment issues. I know that there are nine criteria that can make up borderline personality disorder and then you have to meet at least five of those. She met seven of those on pretty much consistent basis. She feared commitment, she would fear intimacy as far as staying the night again was because she was all about making love, kissing, holding hands etc. She just had a difficult time staying the night with each other. Is this what some BPD’s do?  

She lied alot of the time, shed make up crazy stories that I found were not even true, she’d emotionally cheat on me with men who she used to have flings or relationships with. She made all sorts of promises that she couldn’t keep. She was not a BPD that would really act outwardly. She was more of a quiet borderline. It she would at times lash out at me calling me names if I tried to leave. She threatened suicidal a couple times early in our relationship. She would try to find things wrong with me (fault searching). She feared abandonment bigtime. I’m ashamed to admit it but over 6 1/2 years time we broke up well over 100 times. Every time within a few days she’d come begging me back. I broke it off with her back at the end of 2014. I found out that she was trying to get with a guy that she went to high school with. This guys is a drunk, he has lived with his dad since 2007, he has no job, no car, he’s a womanizer, he is an ex felon, he lies, he cusses worse than a sailor, he tells everyone his business on social media and he is a menace to society. He’s the complete opposite of me. I’ve seen some people comment that he’s a full blown narcissist and if you read his posts and how he behaves, you’d agree. I’ve seen him get into many altercations on his FB with other people about politics etc and he gets very angry. He’s got serious anger issues.

She’s always told me that she would never be with an alcoholic, she won’t be with someone who won’t goto church with her, she doesn’t like cussing. In fact she would get on to me bigtime if I said one cuss word but she embraces him when he cusses like a sailor? He is everything that she has told me that she doesn’t want. She is very insecure and one thing that she really liked about me is that I didn’t have any female friends that I talked to but she would always freak out if I liked one woman in particular’s posts which was clearly innocent. She was always jealous of my ex-wife thinking that my ex-wife and I will get back together. I never gave her any signs at all that that was going to happen. I have been divorced since 2005 grand I have told her that I would never get back with my ex-wife. She would get upset because we would text each other about the kids. But what’s funny is, this narcissist that she is so hung up on is a womanizer. He’s good friends with his ex-wife and they leave each other comments on Facebook all the time, he’s constantly talking to other women on Facebook. How is she OK with all this with him but she was not OK with it with me? I don’t understand that at all!

Her son started college a couple of years ago when she gets severe separation anxiety when he leaves. He is leaving again for Indiana. And a couple more days and he told her a couple months ago that he only has one year left and he may not be back to stay with her next summer. The next time that she will see him it was during Thanksgiving. I always took a backseat to her son. I understand that people put their kids first. I get that because I’m a parent as well. But there’s something called balance which is something that she could not do. I always came last, I was always a line low priority to her. It was all about her. The whole relationship. She did not care about my wants and needs even though she said that she did. She always said just the right things. She was/is a master of manipulation.

Anyways, I finally cut the cord on her back in 2014 but she didn’t let up. She would message me after days or weeks would go by begging me to get back with her and I wouldn’t. This went on for almost 3 years. She kept telling me how she has changed, that she didn’t want to be with anyone else, that she is not the person who she was and doesn’t contact any of the men that she used to. She told me that she was going to counseling and that she realized what she did to me and felt horrible about it.

I finally gave in at the end of January this year and gave her one last chance because she really seemed like she had changed but there was a lot of work to do because I didn’t trust her. She told me that she would do whatever it took for her to fix that trust. This time around I didn’t see any signs of her sabotaging the relationship but it was still really hard for me to trust her from all the lying and her running back to men from her past. She is a homebody and she has always had a really bad habit of taking her time to text me back. She wouldn’t have this problem when she would try to get me back but when I would go back to her she would start creating distance again. Sometimes she would take 20, 30, 45 minutes or even an hour or two to get back with me when we were in the middle of a conversation. Total disrespect. She was in decent enough to write me back and told me that she was busy or whatever and she would get back to me. She would just leave me hanging and that upset me. That of course also got me feeling insecure and wondering what she was doing.  We did pretty good from the end of January until she had a car accident while she was texting me during a disagreement in the middle of June. I feel so bad because I didn’t realize what time it was and I didn’t know that she was off work or else I wouldn’t have been texting her. I feel like she may blame me for that car accident but I’m not for sure.

I noticed that she started acting a little Distant about three weeks before the accident happened. I told her that I had a timeline in my head and that if we weren’t married in a certain amount of time, that I was going to leave her because I already wasted so much time on her already. During the course of this off and on relationship, she has friended and unfriended me on Facebook probably 20 times. I hadn’t been on her Facebook about three years but she finally added me back on Facebook at the end of May. That was her choice. I noticed a couple of weeks later she started liking a lot of posts of one of the Guys that she went to school with. I asked her about it and she got defensive and told me that I like women’s posts also. I told her that I didn’t like one specific woman’s post all the time like she was to him so just started making me feel insecure. Add that with her taking her time responding back and it made me start thinking things.

On June 30, we went on our last day. I took her to her favorite restaurant and then we left there and went to the mall and went looking around at Yankee candle, Bath and body works, just all the places that she wanted to go. I bought her some candy I want to chocolate shops in the mall. Then we went back to her house and we made love. I fell sleep and woke up in the middle of the night and we made love again. Then I went home. On the night of July 3 I started feeling really uneasy because she was still taking her time texting me back and she was still liking this guy’s post. I complained to her about me feeling like on the low priority to her because she would take her time texting me back and she also knew about how I felt about her liking that guy’s posts. The next day she responded and told me “maybe I just can’t make you happy“. I told her “well, maybe you can’t.” At that point we broke up and I have not heard from her since.

Like an idiot, I watch a Pinterest pictures she pins stuff on Pinterest as to how she feels at the time. I have also been watching her Facebook from a different account that I have along with the drug narcissist guy that she tried to get involved with back in 2014. We had a conversation about this guy about a week before we broke up. She told me that she hadn’t talk to him in over two years, that he was blocked on her Facebook and that she had no reason to ever contact him again and that she knew that he was bad news for her. A week after we broke up, she friended him back on Facebook. He’s apparently going through a really really messy break up and he keeps posting stuff about it on his Facebook. He’s threatened to commit suicide on Facebook in so many words. He does a lot of stuff on there for C. Since he doesn’t work, he’s on Facebook from six in the morning until late at night posting things and commenting on other people‘s posts. He is a huge liar and has everybody thinking
That he works when he’s on FB constantly. No job that I know would allow you be on Facebook for six or seven in the morning until 11 PM at night.

I know the waterlines and narcissists are the best worst relationships from a psychological standpoint and I think that this may be why she so lured to him.
But what’s crazy is she knows that he doesn’t match her criteria for a decent man but she posted yesterday on a post that she made for him about him going through this rough time that he was “a great guy and deserved the best and to be ridiculously happy”. Wow! She told me a month before this that she knew that he was no good for her. I don’t get it at all. I’m sorry for all the rambling. I’m so heart broken and I’m so pissed at myself for giving her another chance. I don’t blame myself at all. She always told me that I was the best thing that ever happened to her and that she knew that I was brave man that I processed all the qualities that she wanted in a man. She goes from someone like me to a total loser.

I have an appointment on Wednesday to see a psychologist to help me get through this. I don’t think she will ever try to charm me again. She knows that I know that she friended him back on Facebook because I did let her know that a week after we quit talking but she didn’t respond. I’m pretty sure that she knows that she nailed the last nail in the coffin because she knows what an issue I’ve had about her talking to this guy or other men from the past. There has only been one other time that she took this long to message me back and that was three years ago when I didn’t hear from her for 3 months. She knows that the damage is done and that I will never trust her. She told me that her therapist told her that if I can’t tourist her that she’s got to go and she told me before then we broke up that she was prepared to do that if she had to, but she said that she didn’t want to. I don’t know. I know that I was only in love with an illusion. I was in love with someone that don’t really exist. I know that the person who really exists is the person who has this disorder. My best friend has been so supportive of me and he’s telling me that I’ve got to let her go because I was in love with someone who did not exist. But it’s so hard for me to forget about the good times which there were very many. I was immensely attracted to her physically and I think I’ve missed that more than anything. She was everything that I wanted in a woman appearance wise. When we were physically together, we got along so great and we had so many fun times together when she wasn’t trying to create distance or sabotage. I know that I need to focus on how she treated me. She really took my self-esteem and stomped all over it. I know that I’ve got to stop reading her Pinterest and his and her facebooks.
I guess the reason why I do it is to make me hate her enough to finally let go. I posted this because I just want to get some ideas from people who’ve been through this before. What do these people do on the final discard? Is there any signs that was thrown up to let you know that they were finally completely done and the hovering  stopped? I’d love to make some new friends on here. I feel so broken and lost.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »

Hi Zeetwentyeight,

Hi!

I'd like to welcome you to bpdfamily. I'm sorry that you're going through this I can imagine how difficult it would be this time after splitting up for three years and she kept asking you get back together. I would have a really hard time too with a partner having emotional affairs with others. I'm glad that you decided to join us, there is hope, I suggest to read the lessons at the top and to the right margin of the board and join other threads,by  reading through other people's threads you'll find a lot of similarities with your story.

The stories are similar but there's not one pattern with how it ends when you're asking about the final discard. Give this article a read it was really helpful through some dark periods, these r/s break ups are really tough, I'm glad to hear that you're looking to make new friends. Are you still in touch with her?

Excerpt
My best friend has been so supportive of me and he’s telling me that I’ve got to let her go because I was in love with someone who did not exist. But it’s so hard for me to forget about the good times which there were very many. I was immensely attracted to her physically and I think I’ve missed that more than anything. She was everything that I wanted in a woman appearance wise

You cared about her, she meant something to you. I can relate with that. Hang in there.

Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has Borderline Personality

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Zeetwentyeight
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »

No I haven’t heard from her since th 4th of July. I let her know a week after that I knew about her friending the narc on FB again. This is really tough. I never would have imagined after all these years of trying so hard to get with me that she’d go this low.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »

You care about her a lot obviously. My exuBPDw did something similar I couldn’t believe the type of guy that she left me for I was scared for my kids because he’s a drug user.

Have you thought about going no contact? Are you done with the r/s?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
sdyakca

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 01:40:12 AM »

Hello Zeetwentyeight, Our stories are much the same in many respects (years together, her texting etc. other men, lying directly or through omission, master manipulator, etc. etc. blah blah blah - her sickness runneth over).

A couple thoughts that were shared with me that helped me finally make the break and just keep on moving: Try not to make sense out of people with BPD/Narcissim it will keep you forever in the vortex of confusion and cost you precious resources that you can use to better your life.

I had to get out of denial and take my life back, she did not voluntarily hand it back, offer it back to me and say, oh, would you like your life back, ok here it is, best wishes. No, that's not how it happened at the end. It was just me saying bye-bye, no more, all done, good-bye, best wishes to her.

When I say getting out of denial, for me, it stopped being about anything she did or didn't do (because after 7-years I had seen and been through enough) - but it was about me and why was I continuing to allow this garbage behavior from another in my life?  from anyone! It was a bunch of bulls**t for many years and getting worse. The lies I had to keep telling myself in order to stay with her were well past the point of being self-destructive to me,
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest