Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:31:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro-22yr daughter admitted, hopeful though situation is intimating, scary  (Read 511 times)
llamagirl
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: August 29, 2018, 09:38:48 PM »

My 22 year old daughter has been struggling with many issues (depression, anxiety, BPD, drug use) over the past 4 years.  Just making it from day to day was the objective versus trying to heal.  Between protecting her from harming herself and avoiding legal and criminal punishments, it never seemed like we were able to get to the heart of the problem and find help.

She was just admitted to the psych ward from the ER the night before last.  This time the doctor said she needs in patient intensive treatment.  They are trying to help us find an appropriate treatment facility that is in our insurance network.  I am hopeful but the whole situation is intimidating and scary.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Merlot

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:29:12 AM »

Hi llamagirl

Welcome to the bpdfamily  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)
Im sorry for what you are going through and many parents here will share your concerns about making it through day by day. It is especially confronting when dealing with self harm and the prospect of intensive treatment/availability and cost both personally and financially.

Im glad you are here with us as its clear youve been dealing with difficult behaviours for some time.

When you come up for air, are you able to share more about your experience so that we can best support you.

I hope you have some close friends and family to lean on through this crisis and can find some space to look after yourself.

Thinking of you 

Merlot

DremNCWgrl

Relationship status: Married 7 years

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 11:24:55 AM »

She was just admitted to the psych ward from the ER the night before last.  This time the doctor said she needs in patient intensive treatment.  They are trying to help us find an appropriate treatment facility that is in our insurance network.  I am hopeful but the whole situation is intimidating and scary.

Welcome llama girl! 
Is this the first time your dd has been admitted as inpatient? Luckily, you have found your way here where we can help support you through it. 

Can I ask what country/state you are in? I have a recent list of RTC centers in USA/California that I would be more than willing to share.  I started with the list my insurance provided, then bounced that against the ones recommended by our county mental health advocate, then called each one to ensure they were familiar with BPD, accepted female patients, etc.

DremnCwgrl
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 03:14:24 AM »

Hello llamagirl

I join Merlot and DremNCWgrl welcoming you to BPFamily  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I'm sorry for what brings you here, you've been through much the last 4 years, many parents will relate when you say your objective of just getting by day by day, is real.

It sounds like there is a positive step change with the Dr recommending inpatient and helping your daughter find a place. What part of it are you finding intimidating, scary, perhaps we can help support you here llamagirl?

DremNCWgrl, thanks for sharing how, the process you found care for your daughter in, many parents come here for support in finding out how to find places of care.

Hope  

WDx  

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest