Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 08:20:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Life  (Read 374 times)
otherlife

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 03, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »

My Title and site name says it all really !
Who's life, my life, my ex's life with BPD or life with narcissism, the secret life, the wasted life, the confused life, the old life, the new life, the life's learning, the life's journey.  Its all so confusing and I am hoping to learn from others.  I have learnt a lot since the break up that happened 12 months ago after 12 yrs (married for 10).  there was never any professional diagnosis but all the signs where there and eventually I am certain I felt the emptiness, emotional pain, and started to hate myself.Not sure if this was projection or just stress the day to day stress.  However it help me understand more and although I have been through great pain for the loss of my relationship, I dont hate, I have great compassion and sadness.  Sad that I did not fully understand, sad that things ended they way they did but aware that I can heal and sad that ex may not ever.  Life is hard when I think about that but then I get confused as I cant get angry, I am co dependent because although ex has moved on very quickly, became a parent last month ( 11 months after our marriage ended!), I still feel compassion for the person who carries such a devastating illness.  Yes I was in love, but now wonder due to mirroring was I in love with my self( my reflection), was it all false, why didn't I see it, why didn't I understand.  I spent years gripped with emotional fear, why did I trust, why was I so blind?    So many question so few answers, sorry that's all I can post today.  I have read many of your stories and know I am not alone whilst thanking you all for your contributions, they have given me much clarity,   
Mustbeabetterway

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 11:49:46 PM »

Welcome new member (click to insert in post) otherlife, welcome!  I’m glad that reading members posts have helped you feel not alone.  I’m also glad you decided to post.  So sorry for the hurt you are going through.  It’s very difficult, I know from experience, to let go of a long term relationship.

I hope that you are taking care of yourself and treating yourself kindly.  This is so important when recovering from a breakup.

We want to trust and see the best in our spouse.  That’s normal.  Was there something in particular that caused you to lose trust? 

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

Mustbeabetterway
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:36:22 AM »

hi otherlife, i want to join Mustbeabetterway and say Welcome

12 years together and 10 years married is a long time, and i can hear how it has pained you over the last 12 months. im glad you reached out.

how did things finally end, and who initiated it? is the divorce finalized?

thats big news that she became a parent. how are you taking it?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 04:47:36 PM »

Hi otherlife,

Welcome

I want to join the others and welcome you to the family. I’m sorry to hear about your marriage I want to echo once removed how are you feeling about her having a kid? I can relate with that I’m anxious to hear what you have to say.

Quote from: otherlife
Who's life, my life, my ex's life with BPD or life with narcissism, the secret life, the wasted life, the confused life, the old life, the new life, the life's learning, the life's journey.

That reminds of a line in the song Losing my Religion by REM ”Oh, life is bigger, It's bigger than you and you are not me”

Quote from: otherlife
Yes I was in love, but now wonder due to mirroring was I in love with my self( my reflection), was it all false, why didn't I see it, why didn't I understand.  I spent years gripped with emotional fear, why did I trust, why was I so blind? 

Many members arrive here with a lot of questions, they’re sad, hurt, confused the group is here to help you make sense of your experience we all give you our perspective and you read through it and pick and choice what you feel suits you’re situation and you can pick the bones out of it.

Im going to assume that you mean BPD were not professionals were not trained to diagnose a person with a severe mental illness and personality disorders is niche in psychology. I’d suggest to read as much as you can about the disorder it’s confusion to understand at first with time you’ll understand but don’t beat yourself up.

A lot of us are searching for a situation where we could of saved the marriage but there are so many things that pile up that it’s not one single situation it’s thousands of different ones. You did the best that you could with what you had at the time no more no less.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Euler2718

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »

Hi... .what does "gripped by emotional fear" mean? I want to understand this. Often, I was afraid to answer the phone, knowing it was Dr jeckel 75% of the time and Mr Hyde (miss Hyde) the rest of the time.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest