Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 07:27:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How does a BPD grieve death of son  (Read 374 times)
Sian
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 11, 2018, 03:47:59 AM »

Paragraph header  (click to insert in post) my BPD partners 24 yr old son hung himself 2 days ago. He normally overreacts to everything. But after a few initial tears he just appears calm.like numbness. He had a bond like I've never seen father- son bond. They spent hours everyday together. I'm worried its a calm before the storm. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Bnonymous

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »

Sian, this is horrific and I am so sorry you are all going through this. I haven't been through anything similar (thank God!) and I don't have any advice to offer - I just didn't want to read and run.

I would guess you're not getting replies because this is such an awful, tragic situation that none of us know what to say. We can help with the little day-to-day conflicts and break-ups and arguments etc, but this is so big that there just aren't words to soothe it. I am so so sorry. Stay strong. x

"You remind me of someone who is looking through a closed window and cannot explain to himself the strange movements of a passer-by. He doesn’t know what kind of a storm is raging outside and that this person is perhaps only with great effort keeping himself on his feet." - Ludwig Wittgenstein
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »

Hi.  I am so sorry for what you are all going through right now.

Your partner could very well be shut down.  Everyone experiences grief differently, but the pain of the loss is still there.  It is hard to predict how he will respond or even when.

How are you doing?  We can help support you as you figure out how you can support your SO.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »

Hi Sian,

I'm very sorry your partner and you also experienced such a tragic loss. Losing a family-member like this is horrible. How are you coping yourself?

Was suicidal ideation a known issue of your partner's son? Was this something he had been struggling with?

You are concerned about your partner. People with BPD often have a deep fear of abandonment, the fear is often irrational yet when real losses like this happen, this can have a very deep impact. The irrational fear all of a sudden becomes very real.

We have a resource here that specifically deals with suicide loss. This loss is very recent, but at some point you might find this resource helpful:

Self-help Handbook Recovering From Suicide Loss

Take care and wishing you strength in this difficult time

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »

Hi Sian,

Welcome

I'd like to join the others and welcome you to bpdfamily I'm sorry to hear about your pwBPD's S24 that is tragic news. This is a safe place where you can share your true feelings without being judged or invalidated, when you have a pwBPD sometimes you tend to shut down those feelings because you're worried about how your feelings are going to upset the pwBPD.

How has he reacted in the past to stressors' in life no doubt that this is a big one but what about other stressors'?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest