Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 03:05:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 year update.  (Read 424 times)
hurting300

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 08, 2019, 02:29:09 AM »

Little back story. My ex ghosted me after a couple years of dating. Literally vanished into thin air. It literally DESTROYED ME. Plus she had our kid. Well 5 years later. The child isn’t even mine. I am enjoying life and my ex is like a dream that happened. I’m dating someone new and we are doing great. I learned a lot about myself during that time. We I stopped blaming and hating her I felt better. I stopped asking “why” did “she” do this to me? I started asking WHY I LET IT HAPPEN? That helped. Now 5 years later my career is amazing and I have an amazing woman in my life whom I can communicate with openly. Stop asking why they did you wrong. And start asking why you allow it to happen. We can blame BPDs all day but what good does that do? None. Heal yourself.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
Ozzie101
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:04:52 AM »

I'm so glad you're doing well, hurting, and that you've found peace and success in your life.

While I do feel like we nons do play a role in the relationship dynamics, focusing solely on the pwBPD isn't productive. We can't change them. We can't force change on them. We have to pay attention to our own health and our own patterns and habits. That's what we can control and what can make all the difference between a happy life and a miserable one. Blaming them and focusing on them too much is just wallowing.
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »

Hi hurting300  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I remember you and your story, the hurt, the pain, but most of all the anger. It's fantastic to hear where you are today.  I think for there to be healing we really do need to circle back around to ourselves and look at the choices we make and why BPD relationship or no BPD relationship.  I'm glad doing that made something click for you and has created a change going forward.

Wishing you continued happiness 

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:42:48 AM »

i remember you well, hurting300. thanks for checking in and dropping some hope!

Plus she had our kid. Well 5 years later. The child isn’t even mine.

what happened here?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Dulce

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:07:57 PM »

I'm only three months into detachment and your story is inspirational! So great of you to post an update. I need to hear that nonBP's are finding peace, love and happiness. Thank you!
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 11:22:28 PM »

How are your kids?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 10:09:58 PM »

Hi hurting300,  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

Im glad to hear that things are going well for you after 5 years. I agree with putting yourself in the role of survivor and then thrives we all get there our own way. It helps to validate your experience I had a lot to say and I had invalidating people around me in real life. This board was a life saver. It takes time, have a goal something that you can work towards. 

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
hurting300

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 04:56:09 AM »

It takes TIME to heal. But did I learn from both my mistakes and hers? Yes I did. Yeah we can and do blame the pwBPD but until we look at ourselves and ask “why” on all levels we will never be healthy emotionally. In my opinion she is an evil sick woman. She has been in numerous relationships since me. I waited. I went to therapy and understand the bigger picture. I hope she finds peace. I just woke up an hour ago to a note from my girlfriend telling me to have a great day. That feels so wonderful having someone that gives as much as I do. All of you can and will find that.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
blueblue12

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 05:30:02 AM »

Great post hurting300, good to hear about your progress. I am out two years and some, still learning and slowly getting better, it takes time to understand and to arrive at a place where you can get out if the fog and the gaslighting suffered along the way. Thank you! 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest