Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:07:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 2 Enemy at the gate  (Read 724 times)
snowglobe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2019, 04:13:05 AM »

I keep on waking up at 4 am every day. Blissful sleep, the only luxury I could afford is gone. I wake up with a shaking dread, fists tightened, being propelled with fear, anger and hurt. I go to sleep easily from all of the events during the day. It’s day three that ubpdh called me names and told me to get out of his face. He has been avoiding me, coming home late and only going to the bedroom to change. He has been sleeping on the couch. I don’t come out from the bedroom, when I do, I can’t wrestle with the similar feelings, hurt, anger and betrayal. I start shaking and begin to fear loosing control and starting an ugly insult fight, so I immediately leave. We communicate via email or text, curt, concise and precisely to the point. Kids, business and car is all we communicate about. I saw my friends last night briefly, who had helped me by taking my youngest so I can process emotions without him being exposed. Everyone is encouraging me to keep emotions in check as to not scare or scar the kids. I’m doing my best, but all I really wanted to do is to yell at his face “you had deceived me you manipulating a$$hole, I curse the day you were born”. With a strong power of will I stay quiet and carry on with my tasks. I feel completely handicapped by my emotions. I am not for me, or for my children. I feel simultaneously guilty for abandoning them, for putting their future at risk by complying with ubpdh’s demand for the sale. I feel shattered that he broke this trust. Vengeance is a terrible things to be carrying around with me. I want to accept, forgive and move forward. I feel like I’m sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Ubpdh is refusing to talk, let alone discuss options such as getting out of the biding selling contract by paying the buyer compensation. I constantly experience a feeling like someone is standing on my chest and I can’t take a full breath. I feel like I’m going crazy. I want to run away, or go to the hospital to take this constant emotional pain away. I’m afraid if I do check myself in into a mental hospital I will loose the children. How could a person live all the while knowing that he is causing so much pain to his family? Similar to psychopaths he doesn’t have a consciousness or empathy.  

“Aimer, ce n’est pas se regarder l’un l’autre, c’est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »

Staff only This thread has reached its maximum length and is now locked. The conversation continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=337775.0

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest