Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 07:25:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don’t know whether to stay or to go  (Read 347 times)
Sad and Confused
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 07, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »

Hello,

I have been in a rocky relationship with my on again, off again boyfriend of two years. In the beginning, everything was great and we were so in-sync, to the point where we could finish each other’s sentences. About 4 months into dating he moved in, and within a few short months I began seeing another side of him. He started lying (constantly), I found out that he cheated on me, he became very jealous, angry, distant. He has also admitted to stalking me during our ‘breakups’ which usually lasted a few days to a week.. Him and his ex were always fighting and the constant baby mama drama caused us to break up several times and we’re currently living in separate homes now. It’s been 9 months since he moved out and it seems that we get into a fight and break up every few weeks. We’re both in our 40’s! He admitted to me several months back that he doesn’t know how to be a normal adult male. He has expressed that he is a narcissist and that he knows he has personality disorder issues that have gone untreated his whole life. I have bent over backwards for this man and his child, but every time I try to discuss something that bothers me, or a poor decision that is made, he blows up and it ends in a fight that results in a break up...and worst of all, the silent treatment as if I never even existed. I love him, my kids love him and he makes me happy, but it’s just not consistent. He recently began seeing s therapist because he finally wanted to stop being the way he is, but that only lasted 3 sessions as he is s single father and childcare became an issue. Things were good for those couple of weeks and we were able to discuss issues like adults, but now we are in breakup number 765 in 2 years. Every time I try to walk away I get the apologies, how he doesn’t mean to be like this, how I’m all that he has, and how he’s trying. I am constantly in a state of confusion and chaos. I don’t know if I should keep fighting to make things work or finally just walk away. I have been trying so hard not to abandon him while he’s trying to work on his issues, but I don’t know if it’s just a lost cause at this point. I’m devastated.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest