Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 01:51:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reflections on my own healing and the relationship  (Read 972 times)
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 10:24:51 PM »

Excerpt
I had been under the assumption that she hated me, or I had done something 'wrong' - the enforced silence she was giving me just gave me that impression.

probably not (although i dont know her). and i suspect she had the intention of reconnecting, and in the end, felt that it might be better for everyone, not to. that is my guess based on what youve told us.

i can certainly see why youd have that impression (that she hated you). just cutting someone off, not replying, is really, deeply hurtful, tends to leave the person on the receiving end wondering why, and just wanting some explanation. its happened to me a few times in my life with people i wasnt even near as close as you were to this girl, and it still stung.

it would have probably been better, at least in the long run, if shed been upfront and said it would be better to go your separate ways, if thats how she felt. unfortunately this sort of thing (ghosting) is increasingly on the rise in the dating and friendship world, as a method of choice to sever ties.

Excerpt
That's what happened and she blamed me for it all.
I haven't heard from her since March since she said we could be friends

how much time passed between those two events?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
clvrnn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 11:00:20 PM »

Excerpt
probably not (although i dont know her). and i suspect she had the intention of reconnecting, and in the end, felt that it might be better for everyone, not to. that is my guess based on what youve told us.

Yes, I think maybe that was the case, too, now. I will never know, I suppose. She made a few comments about how we shouldn't hang out otherwise she would end up falling into old habits with me, too. So perhaps she just felt it was for the best to remove herself.

Excerpt
i can certainly see why youd have that impression (that she hated you). just cutting someone off, not replying, is really, deeply hurtful, tends to leave the person on the receiving end wondering why, and just wanting some explanation. its happened to me a few times in my life with people i wasnt even near as close as you were to this girl, and it still stung.

it would have probably been better, at least in the long run, if shed been upfront and said it would be better to go your separate ways, if thats how she felt. unfortunately this sort of thing (ghosting) is increasingly on the rise in the dating and friendship world, as a method of choice to sever ties.

I agree. A simple sentence or two of "I don't think we should talk for a while" would have been quite helpful. Perhaps things were just too tense; she is avoidant by nature anyway, so no surprise. It's sad that ghosting is so common, yes. It could save a lot of people a lot of pain, really. It's not always easy to be upfront, I hear that. But it's better in the long run for everyone, I feel.

Excerpt
how much time passed between those two events?

I think two weeks or so.. Not that long. Perhaps she was still angry from the incident, I don't know.

I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »

Staff only

This thread has reached the posting limit and is now locked. Please feel free to continue the discussion in a new thread. Thank you, and have a great day!

We are more than just our stories.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest