Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 04:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Venting  (Read 351 times)
toomanydogs

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart

« on: July 13, 2019, 12:21:54 AM »

I feel really alone right now.
In no particular order, things I’m facing.
My 2 adult kids especially my daughter seem really critical of how I’m ‘handling ‘ this divorce. My daughter was angry with me on Wednesday because I was having a flare up of PTSD and wouldn’t talk with my lawyer on the phone. I emailed her instead. 
Lawyers in my opinion aren’t that touchy-feely when a person is falling apart. I couldn’t have direct contact with L that day but I emailed and spoke with her the next day.
My kids (and my lawyer) are also not in agreement on a non-disparaging clause.
The problem is that if I sign one it means that I will spend the rest of my life with my stbx fil breathing down my neck. It would mean that he would monitor whatever I write. My in laws control their public personas to such an extent that they were upset there’d been an announcement in s magazine that they had silt ty apartment.
I’m  better off without signing one and letting my fil sue for libel as he’d be unable to do so as I wouldn’t lie.
My L told me that signing a non disparaging clause would bring me a certain amount of $. I told her that the only way I’d be willing to sign one is if I got my house and enough $$ to stay in the house.
Unlikely to
Happen.
I’ve argued it out with my lawyer. She doesn’t agree but 1) she’s not a writer and 2) she doesn’t know my father-in-law.
She said the money that would be offered would be the amount I could conceivably get for that kind of book but for me the amount would need to be enough for me to know fil would read everything I wrote to make sure I didn’t write anything too closely based on him.
I can’t do it. I would feel like I let myself down. It would need to be a very high amount.
My kids and now my sisters are just, agree to what they offer as long as you get something.
Sigh.
Fighting is hard enough. I wish my kids understood.
And all of my sisters.
One last rant: I’m not sleeping so great these days. And now I’ve got a sick dog.
Tmd

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world... Einstein
MeandThee29

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:36:56 AM »

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Divorce is horrible, and you have such complications!
I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:22:13 AM »

I'm sorry, TMD.

I'm not a professional writer (yet), but I hope to be someday, and I totally get how important it is to you to have the freedom to write what is in your heart to write. It seems like your fil would be policing all your published work from here on out, and who's to say he wouldn't cause trouble over the slightest suspicion of resemblance.

I admire you for holding to your values.

We are more than just our stories.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest