Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 05:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I get a 'good' person 50-60% of the time, and BPD behavior the rest.  (Read 353 times)
ChTown

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 18, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »

GemsForEyes,
I have been here what...a week? Two weeks? And have spent my free moments reading through posts/replies, looking through the different videos, etc. However, your posts/replies feel so safe to me, and I wanted to thank you.

The love you have for your BPD resonates with me, and it seems so familiar to me. I love my BPDh with my soul, I do. I truly believe that if we separated, I would still want him in my life, as we are so deeply connected; however, I have learned (and continue to learn) that his BPD will not allow him to treat me in a way that is acceptable--at least not 100% of the time. At the moment, I get a 'good' person 50-60% of the time, and BPD behavior the rest.

Your posts show me that you CAN love someone with this disorder--even if you can't live with them. <3

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:31:53 PM by Harri, Reason: changed title in accordance with guideline 1.5 » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Gemsforeyes

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ended 2/2020

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:40:25 PM »

Hi ChTown-

Thank you so so much for saying this to me.  And you are so welcome, so keep posting, my friend.  We ALL need one another... that’s for sure!

I do deeply love him.  He’s a good man and a sad and troubled little boy... I’m pretty sure your beloved is similar.

We used to live together and no longer do.  I’m not sure if we ever will again.  Perhaps, if the building is large enough and he has a good outdoor hobby!  He lived in my home (he moved in uninvited, literally while I was asleep and moved out in a RAGE!).  I / we actually laugh about this.  He blames his “tenant” for that breakup. 

This last week he said something bizarre to me on the phone, and he’s trying to dig himself out of that one.  I needed to take some space to think about it before I spoke to him. 

The slippery slope is ALWAYS when there’s something you HAVE to discuss... all pwBPD are NOT the same.  And we’re older.  We’re both 61.  But to many pwBPD, if you point out one single thing wrong, they interpret it to mean they’re ALL BAD, A TOTALLY BAD, HORRIBLE PERSON AND YOU HATE THEM!

So I started off the conversation with “you know, HB I care so much about you and love you so much and last week you said something that really scared me and hurt me.”  And he asked “what?”  And then I told him.  His response was so lame...

He apologized and I forgive him.

But he did recognize on his own that if it’s going to appear to me as if I’m being threatened with bodily harm, he should probably keep certain confidential matters to himself; and not discuss those with me or anyone else.  He also recognized on his own that I had NEVER betrayed his trust.  So some progress was made.   

In order to be in these rs, we have to be a little “off” ourselves.  (but don’t tell anyone).  And you have GOT to be able to forgive... I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as hard, been as much who I REALLY am, or been screamed at Like this.  On the other hand, after almost 6 years, I’m STILL finding out who on earth he is...

Take REALLY good care of yourself and your kids!

Warmly,
Gemsforeyes
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest