Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 08:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jealous of my sickness  (Read 365 times)
Cailin2019

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« on: October 08, 2019, 12:45:56 PM »

I have long suspected my sibling has BPD, as they have many traits, but are high functioning and hide it well in public. Recently however they completely shocked me. I was hospitalized and nearly died. The strangest thing of all is that they failed to inform my other relative when this relative happened to call in for a visit. So this relative was subsequently shocked when I talked to them - assuming they already knew. I dismissed this at first, but still thought it a bit odd.

This sibling also called me up a few days ago suggesting that my boss might fire me and when I told them how I was said, "Well you're not dying anymore, are you?"

Currently, I am signed off work under doctor's orders and I went over to see them. They actually chided me for talking too much (when we normally always talk a lot), and asked how I seemed to have so much energy for someone who had been in hospital. Due to my medical conditions, I do feel better at night, but I was also in a lot of pain, and pain is invisible. She also implied that it was super nice that our other siblings visited, when really anyone would visit a sibling who had nearly died. Basically, it became obvious that my sibling is implying that I am not really sick and they appear very jealous of the attention I am getting.

Then we had planned to go somewhere at the weekend. I can't drive far at the moment, but instead of being happy we can go, they sent a text saying it was such a pity we are not able to go to the other town as it's much nicer there. They also asked if we could go after work when they know I am off sick. I actually had to text back saying that it would be dangerous for me to drive far (it would).

They have a lot of health issues herself, but despite being entitled to very generous full-pay sick leave, early retirement etc. in a government job they won't go even part-time. So they suffer instead. Is this a BPD thing for them to be jealous of someone else to be getting attention, and for them to dismiss others' suffering?

Also, I feel guilty now for not going to the other town, but I honestly don't want to put anyone in danger.
Jareth89
`

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:47 PM »

YES. My sil thinks (because of her her self-absorbed thinking) that I embellish symptoms to get attention and this annoys her, to the extent where she herself will make up symptoms in an effort to gain attention. You would think that me finding information in the medical literature about how to cure a medical condition would be good news and interesting to her since she will interpret me becoming fit and healthy as not needing attention. But no, this is not good news because it means that her pre-conceived notions about the medical condition are false and this means she is wrong...and she always has to be right. Additionally if I have shown intellect in being able to find information of value in the literature then this is also not good, because having positive attributes makes my brother proud of me and we can't have that because he must only have eyes for her otherwise he may abandon her.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest