Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books most popular with members
Stop Caretaking the
Borderline or the Narcassist
Stop Walking
on Eggshells
Journey from
Abandonment to Healing
The Search for Real Self
Unmasking Personality Disorders

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Co-Parenting: Change In Routine, She Targets The Kids  (Read 386 times)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« on: September 13, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »

I was involved in an injury accident yesterday.  I had to stick around of course, and the cop arrived at the end after other EMS. I had no idea how long I'd have to stick around, so I called the kids' mom to pick them up, and I suggested she keep turn on my night.  I thanked her. 

Later last night, she called.  I told her what happened, but she wasn't too interested.  She told me that it was no problem.  Curiously, she took it out on the kids, telling them that they messed up her routine.  She was going to go jogging after work.  She told me that this time of year her depression can get bad, and she pushing herself physically helps.  Changes of plans also trigger her anger. 

She told me she apologized later to our son (9).  When she tells me things like this, my impression is that it's worse than how she describes it. That she didn't mention S7 was interesting.

Though this isn't a crisis, it's a smoldering ember that isn't going to change because that's her personality. She's divorcing her husband, and despite telling me last month that she's happy, I know the Anxiety and Depression will forever lurk. She's also signaling that she's looking for a new beau already. Current stbxsd is an odd duck, but he's a known quantity. 

I try not to pry, but sometimes S9 tells me things.  He's a sharp kid. What really bugs me is that my ex finally came to terms with how much her mom messed her up, when the beating and serially cheating dad was obvious to blame, that she's engaging in a similar dynamic as her mother, a Hermit-Waif. I'm not sure if I should call her out on this, though I'd do it nicely as a could.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 11:54:20 PM »

Turkish...not suggesting this, just asking... Has co-parenting counseling helped in the past?I

This is a big transition for the children, but it might be an opportunity for your Ex to hone some insight.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 12:11:13 AM »

That is an interesting question I hadn't thought about. We have Kaiser HMO, which loves to shuttle mental health issues into classes and encounter groups. We did parenting classes 4 years ago. She has her T there, but whom she sees only on crisis. Our Kaiser T for the kids resigned. I really liked her. 

I'm waffling on having a straight talk with my ex.  My former T told me that he thought that (despite it all), that my ex respected me, but he warned me not to overdo it. I try to validate the kids, mostly S9, walking a fine line not to alienate.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »

My husband has a similar dynamic with his ex. She respects him and seeks his advice. No reason not to use that dynamic!

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest