Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DD finally taken next step in treatment ~ part 2  (Read 364 times)
wendydarling
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« on: September 17, 2019, 10:42:53 AM »

Part 1, here

It seems to be going very well with the new T.

A month ago, the T asked DD what’s been happening? DD shared it was her birthday and T suggested to DD they write a birthday blessing together, here it is.  

My birthday blessing
Let my heart feel whole contentment, gratitude and love
Let my eye see the beauty in nature, and present moment dearly
Let my mind and body experience compassion and peace and connection and gratitude for being alive
Let me allow me to have all of this fully
Let me allow myself to see that I deserve them all

Namaste

She was so happy and at peace, as she handed me her birthday blessing to read. And I of course on cue welled up reading the self-compassion my DD is able to feel and express.

That evening we went to see 'Walk With Me' (DD had booked tickets a few weeks prior) goes deep inside a Zen Buddhist community who practice, and dedicate their lives to mastering the art of mindfulness with their world-famous teacher Thich Nhat Hanh. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. Go see it! I’m considering offering DD the opportunity to go on a week retreat at Plum Village as she explores contemplative practices, works on radical self-acceptance and orienting toward changes in her life. I also found a local Sanghas through their website, it is a 15minute walk away from us. DD spent two separate months in a Woman’s Crisis Home in 2016 and they took willing residents to the local Buddhist Centre, that’s where her interest started, alongside exposure to DBT.

And it fits nicely with….on the Friday following a telephone interview DD was accepted for the randomised controlled trial called Radical Self-Care (RadSec) with Rainbow Mind. It’s 8 weeks of 2-hour sessions in January with three one-hour online questionnaires to complete, before, after and 6 months after the trial completes.

DD was waiting for the appointment with the psychiatrist at our local GP to get her meds reassessed and the assessment for Bi-polar 2. Like 2 months, some weeks ago she called and the receptionist said a letter would arrive. By chance on calling the GP today she’s attained an appointment (someone cancelled) this pm to ask what’s happening, as you can’t do that over the phone…. DD's just called to say the Dr could find no referral, a new one has been requested and if no news to call and ask for A the receptionist in two weeks. Time gone by DD would have melted down, taken it personally, today she can accept, it's not her problem, she did not cause this.

That’s my news. Every now and again I get that nagging thought, ‘ready to get back to work, to the real world…’ and then I remind myself this is me speaking, not her. I consider how far she has come, how she continues to heal, learn, grow, and find peace, and that’s what I wish for her most and I am truly grateful for. If she continues this path, the kind of life that’s right is following her, well that is how I see it today.

If you’ve not read and want to read something inspiring to lift your sprit, to know you are not alone, and that’s not got a word of BPD, Daring Greatly, Brene Brown.

WDx
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:48:24 AM by wendydarling » Logged

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »

WendyDarling
This post made my day. Your daughter is making enormous strides toward true self realization. I also find the Buddhist practice of mindfulness to be enormously helpful. It is no wonder Marsha Linehan is a Zen master. The tradition ties right in with the work of  BPD people finding lives worth living. Your post really gives me hope that my son will also find a life worth living some day. Thank you.
Bluemoon23

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: living apart

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »

So amazing. Gives me such hope. I'm going to see if there is some way for me to talk with my kiddo about this. Self-acceptance and forgiveness and compassion. I really think they need that right now.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

Wonderful news! My stepdaughters are Buddhist (Thai/Theraveda), and SD38 is planning to spend 90 days in a meditation center as a novice nun next year. She gets it.I

It's a life-long path. I'm so excited for your daughter.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest