Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 12:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycle while in a relationship?  (Read 387 times)
Xeonrebel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 12, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »

Does anybody have an experience of being recycled (or tried to recycle) while being on a new relationship with a non? either GF or BF.

if so, whats your experience?

did they (exbpd) try to break up your new relationship? did the exbpd rage? or just vanished again?
Woolspinner2000
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 09:17:42 PM »

Hi Xeonrebel  Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I don't have experience with this, but I wondered if you are currently in this stage and trying to understand it? What are the things you are noticing right now?

It is not uncommon that a pwBPD traits will feel rejected and try to lash out in order to 'self sooth' or make themselves feel better. Any of us who have had a BPD in our lives can certainly relate to that!

Wools

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  -C.S. Lewis
insideoutside

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 08:20:37 AM »

I am married but it did not stop my friend (who I suspect is BPD/NPD) to try to elicit an affair and was really inappropriate at times with how he spoke and pictures he sent.  I am sure if I had been single and 100% available he would had run a mile.  We had a relationship 30 years ago and I was never enough for him and kept catching him with other girls.  Yet when I played him at his own game back then I was subjected to a torrent of abuse.

So the more unavailable you are the greater the chase and thrill for them.
40days_in_desert

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »

I agree with the posts so far. With my ex most of the attempts by her to engage in conversations of reconnecting either came when I was dating another woman. Even though I hadn't dated anyone longer than 3-4 weeks until I met my current girlfriend. After a couple of months dating my current girlfriend about a year ago, my ex made it known that she wanted to reconnect emotionally/romantically. She would also do this at times it was clear to her that I had disengaged and when things were going badly with her boyfriend. I don't think she would have gone through with reconciling. I think it was her way of keeping me tethered just enough just in case she wanted/needed me for her needs.

“A rogue does not laugh in the same way that an honest man does; a hypocrite does not shed the tears of a man of good faith. All falsehood is a mask; and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always succeed in distinguishing it from the true face.”
― Alexandre Dumas
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest